Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have an F80 M3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 10:03 PM
AxelR
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

If I may add. It’s the car with the harshest ride I’ve ever had.
I had the DCT as it’s too big of a car (for me) to be manual and that thing behaved like a rookie using a stick shift.
And I have to admit to being a BMW “fanboy” and yet…
Old 09-13-2021, 11:29 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Originally Posted by AxelR
If I may add. It’s the car with the harshest ride I’ve ever had.
I had the DCT as it’s too big of a car (for me) to be manual and that thing behaved like a rookie using a stick shift.
And I have to admit to being a BMW “fanboy” and yet…
I think BMW completely missed it with the F generation 3 and 4 series cars. After having many BMW's over a span nearly 40 years, my F32 430i was the worst BMW I ever had. I think it had more in common with a Buick or Toyota than with BMW's of the past.
Numb steering. Completely detached feeling behind the wheel - an isolation chamber. The absolute polar opposite of my E46 M3.

The following users liked this post:
lexhair (09-21-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 11:40 PM
AxelR
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Ah yes. Totally forgot about the atrocious steering. I’ve driven SUVs with better steering feel.
What about a c63 or e63?
Old 09-14-2021, 12:27 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 796 Likes on 447 Posts

My friend got a ZCP F80 and immediately put KWs with BBS on. I loved his car and had it for days at a time. He would let me borrow it any time and I did. IDK about tracking it or whatever but it was SUPER fun to drive around the city and I enjoyed it on ACH. I did not like the ZCP seats as much but they were OK. I would totally rock one as a daily but I wouldn't really want one as a track car. Just my .02 but I really enjoyed it every time I had it for a few days. If I didn't already have my 997 when he sold it, I would have bought it for sure.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:40 AM
stuned
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish I saw your post earlier. Did you end up buying the CS in Denver? If not, I am looking to sell mine and I am local.

Originally Posted by 9elvn
Hoping it has a little more soul than my F02 750
Will still continue to drive the 997.1 often but really need a car that can comfortably hold 3 ppl and the 750 is just too long to drive and park around the street of Manhattan.

thank you for all the advice!
Old 09-21-2021, 11:54 AM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman88
I think BMW completely missed it with the F generation 3 and 4 series cars. After having many BMW's over a span nearly 40 years, my F32 430i was the worst BMW I ever had. I think it had more in common with a Buick or Toyota than with BMW's of the past.
Numb steering. Completely detached feeling behind the wheel - an isolation chamber. The absolute polar opposite of my E46 M3.
At the risk of sounding old fogey nostalgic, the E46 was a great driving experience in my opinion right through the entire range of configurations with the M wearing the crown. I'm not sure there's been a better 3er since.
Ironman88 (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 11:57 AM
9elvn
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by stuned
Wish I saw your post earlier. Did you end up buying the CS in Denver? If not, I am looking to sell mine and I am local.
I did end up buying it… but curious about yours and what price you’re looking at? You can PM me I also have a friend who might be looking for one as well
Old 09-22-2021, 02:57 PM
Bomba
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick E
I had one for 3+ years, which I ended up trading for my 997. Really nice cars. Good space for a family, big trunk, goes really fast. However, like all newer BMWs very digital feeling. Giant wall of torque from the motor low in the rev range. Always felt like the car had more power than chassis, much different than previous M3s. Tough getting the power down, and rear end always felt nervous. Car was very reliable for me.
This is exactly how I felt driving the F80. I also felt that it was a bit twitchy, especially in sport mode. Like the rear was just going to step out without notice.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:22 PM
stuned
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 9elvn
I did end up buying it… but curious about yours and what price you’re looking at? You can PM me I also have a friend who might be looking for one as well
Ah, congrats on the F80 M3 CS purchase! I have a San Marino Blue with the executive pack.

I would recommend PPF. I did the full front w/ Xpel ultimate plus @ Detailers Domain in NJ. I haven’t upgraded the crank hub (since it’s still under warranty) but it’s a preventative upgrade many opt to do.

The only mod I considered is the M HAS or KW HAS, since it has the reverse rake from factory. Stock power is more than enough.

Unfortunately, I can’t send PMs.

My ‘18 F80 M3 CS and my new to me ‘11 997.2 C2:

Ohio Performance (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 08:33 PM
9elvn
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by stuned
Ah, congrats on the F80 M3 CS purchase! I have a San Marino Blue with the executive pack.

I would recommend PPF. I did the full front w/ Xpel ultimate plus @ Detailers Domain in NJ. I haven’t upgraded the crank hub (since it’s still under warranty) but it’s a preventative upgrade many opt to do.

The only mod I considered is the M HAS or KW HAS, since it has the reverse rake from factory. Stock power is more than enough.

Unfortunately, I can’t send PMs.

My ‘18 F80 M3 CS and my new to me ‘11 997.2 C2:

Perfect!!! My car is getting delivered to Phil tomorrow! Best detailer in the area!

common taste! My CS will be joining my 997.1 C4s

Quick Reply: Anyone have an F80 M3?