Sponsored by:

I knew it!!! Bitter/sweet

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 12:33 AM
"S"crappydoo
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I knew it!!! Bitter/sweet

I’ve had my 997.1 C2S Cab for a week ( updated pics coming when I can use my kids phone; for those that saw my original purchase pride post)

I’m **** and very in tune with my cars as it is. So when I got my dream car ( actually the dream is a black coupe) I have been driving on eggshells at times.

So today, a couple of friends and I go for sushi lunch. And the one one fiend that’s not seen my car wants to ride back with me.

As we are chatting 911, we come to a stop sign behind a Caravan. As my gut and karma knew last week…. Low and behold the driver starts backing up form the stop line to allow a pedestrian room to cross.

YEP! he starts backing…. I’m laying on the horn. And of course! He backs right into me.

we get out, he’s an older gentleman. I’m not pissed. Things happen. It’s not severe, but a slight indentation in my front where the license plate had been. ( I had removed the plate; but it left me with 4 small holes.) I didn’t like the plug hack because it would stand out more.

So I’m gonna call the old guy tomorrow and request we do the repair privately, so it doesn’t show on my car fax. That’s bitter.

The sweet; I get my license plate screw holes filled for free. Sweet!

PS: the black rims and spacer pics coming. And my side decals have just arrived.

Old 09-09-2021, 02:48 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

All sweet imo. You get the bumper with the cheap looking fix of the license plate holes fixed for free and no Carfax history. The only bitter I can think of would be having a less than reputable body shop do the job screwing up what is a simple job including paint match.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:07 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

While you have the bumper off, clean out the radiators, add grills to keep junk out and install the center 3rd radiator too. Repair = Upgrade in my world.
The following users liked this post:
TerrestrialFlyte (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 01:43 PM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 336 Posts

I was expecting worse. Was going to recommend upgrading to aerokit front bumper. Sucks this happened one week into ownership, but lemonade out of lemons is a good outlook.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:00 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

Ahhh the joys of nice cars in urban settings amongst peasant drivers .....You are lucky that's only a little scuff ... A good detailer can deal with that easily ...a good ppf would have saved you there ...

Last edited by rileyracing1; 09-09-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:26 PM
"S"crappydoo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
While you have the bumper off, clean out the radiators, add grills to keep junk out and install the center 3rd radiator too. Repair = Upgrade in my world.
that’s a great reminder, thank you! Any links to site sponsor that I can get the grills from?
Old 09-09-2021, 02:27 PM
"S"crappydoo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TerrestrialFlyte
I was expecting worse. Was going to recommend upgrading to aerokit front bumper. Sucks this happened one week into ownership, but lemonade out of lemons is a good outlook.
I thought of the aero kit bumper, but thought it would look out of place on a Cab
Old 09-09-2021, 02:29 PM
"S"crappydoo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
Ahhh the joys of nice cars in urban settings amongst peasant drivers .....You are lucky that's only a little scuff ... A good detailer can deal with that easily ...a good ppf would have saved you there ...
Riley,
It does have a minor dent which is hard for the pics to show. But you’re right I am lucky it’s minor.

Old 09-11-2021, 02:48 AM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 185 Posts

It pays to remember its just plastic and metal. You can’t take it with you.

Quick Reply: I knew it!!! Bitter/sweet