Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ideas on this minor issue appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021 | 03:10 PM
thunder911
Instructor

Default Any ideas on this minor issue appreciated!

Greetings,

I read that our cars have issues with the TPMSs, but have now am experiencing it myself. Any ideas are appreciated in advance.

For months, I noticed my car dash indicates low pressure on 1 of my rear tires (sometimes down to -5). At the local gas station, I fill the tire and its fine for another month. I'd planned to visit the tire shop thinking it's a tiny leak, but have not done this yet lol. Few days ago, I decided to check the tires with my Slime pressure gauge and discovered that it actually has more air than what the car dash indicates. I have 38 psi, but the dash indicates -4. I recently checked the air and it is holding the psi. The other rear tires has 35 psi, but no warning lights in the dash.

What are my options here besides replacing 1 TPMS sensor?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2021 | 04:48 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Get all the tires the same pressure and reset the tpms. Also make sure correct tires/size are selected.
The following users liked this post:
Hella-Buggin' (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021 | 05:16 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

in my P-Cars it seems to either work or not work but y jeep reads 20psi low on one tire.
Old 08-25-2021 | 09:24 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

TPMS systems pretty much suck. Low batteries requiring a dismount and remount when there's still plenty of tread left, annoyances like this one, etc.

So you have the tires pumped to their proper levels - fronts should be 5 psi lower than the rears , so run a 35/40 or 37/42 or similar. If the tires aren't directional, might also try swapping the offending tire with then one on the other side and then repeat the TPMS calibration process - who knows - maybe that will do something.

Of my 8 cars only 2 have a TPMS systems, and that's plenty. I'm actually glad it's on my daughter's car, but that's the only one.

Quick Reply: Any ideas on this minor issue appreciated!