Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSS LCA Fitment Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021 | 12:29 PM
997GTS28
4th Gear

Default RSS LCA Fitment Problem

So I ordered some RSS front lower control arms for my 997.2 in order to dial in enough camber for the track. My mechanic installed the first arm and it was too long. It cranked the ball joint connection at the end of the arm to its limit. We checked everything possible to try to diagnose the issue. RSS was great and confirmed multiple times we had the right part - even checked key dimensions on the arm length. My mechanics know their stuff and their procedures were exactly as required and this was confirmed by the senior mechanic at the dealership. The car is riding on stock springs at stock height which I confirmed though posts on this forum and the RSS arms are sized for this. Suppliers and mechanics worked together to try to figure out what was going on but it remains a mystery. Sharkwerks was great and took the arms back for a full refund. But I still don't have LCAs. GT3 arms are unobtainium right now. Tarett's are back ordered.

Has anyone had similar fitment issues - any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Old 08-25-2021 | 08:51 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Nope. I installed mine myself and didn't have that issue. I did install them with Bilstein coilovers and Tarett mom all top mounts, but not sure that makes a difference for the issue you're describing.

Quick Reply: RSS LCA Fitment Problem