Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re engine wiring harness 2005 997

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021 | 12:36 AM
Lamangatom
5th Gear

Default Re engine wiring harness 2005 997

Hi I have a problem a rat got into the engine bay of my car and has bit at 3 cables 2 are on top of the engine and control the oil temperature the other is the oil level indicator this is part of the engine. Can someone tell me can I change the harness with out removing the engine?

the other cable that got damaged was from the main wiring harness but only the part of the cable that goes to the maff sensor. I have soldered this back together but the engine will start but not rev above 1000 revs.

I would be grateful for any advice with this.

regards to all

tom
Old 08-24-2021 | 03:53 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Can you post pics of the chewed harnesses or the reconnected wires in question
Old 08-24-2021 | 04:48 PM
Lamangatom
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Petza914
Can you post pics of the chewed harnesses or the reconnected wires in question
Hi thanks for your help and responding to my post.

This is where the cable of the oil temperature and level indicator have been bitten you can see where i tried to make a bad repair.

This is the cable from the main wiring harness that goes to the maff which i solder and taped the cables. When i did not know the cables had been bit the car started and had power but was miss firing but once i connected these cables the car starts but will not rev over 1000 revs much. Once again thanks for your help Regards tom
Old 08-24-2021 | 05:01 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The wires you've connected to at the B connection looks like the engine knock sensor.

The completely chewed off connector at the A now has no wires running to it. I'm not.sure you rewired things correctly..

Attached is a document that shows the sensor placements for the engine that you may find useful.
You can also unplug the MAF and see how it responds. With the MAF unplugged the car should use middle of the road safe values for fuel trims. If it revs with the MAF unplugged, the issue is in the MAF wiring. If that makes no difference, it's somewhere else.
Attached Files
Old 08-24-2021 | 05:16 PM
Lamangatom
5th Gear

Thanks for your help I will check all the wires and connection are correct. I am thinking about buying a new engine wiring harness as wires have been chewed down to the plug. And will do what you say with the maff and see what the results are..
Thank you for your time helping with this.

Quick Reply: Re engine wiring harness 2005 997