Dropped Screenwash into hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 04:47 PM
Sweeny40yrds
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Dropped Screenwash into hood

Hi,

Bit of a ****-up on the screen wash filling procedure today. Whilst performing the task I got the 5 LTR container caught against something and dropped the thing into the hood.

Now, I removed it ASAP and tried my very best to dry the carpet out as quickly as possible however, some of this fluid has no doubt soaked in underneath.

I used my wife's high speed hair dryer in an attempt to dry things out and have tried other methods to recover from this almighty ***** up but I know its not completely dry.

It looks like the hood carpet can be removed , there's a few plugs and other circular attachments but life tells me that I'd never get the carpet back in as it looks now.

Has anyone ever removed or partially removed the carpet to dry it out. Don't really want to take it to an OPC for obvious reasons but if I cant dry it out I guess I'll have to.

I shall be heading tomorrow to get a proper implement to fill up the washer fluid, lesson learnt. Shame I didn't learn it on my Mazda2

Regards
Alan

Old 06-19-2021, 06:27 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 806 Likes on 453 Posts

It gets real hot in there on a drive in summer. I would just go on a nice long drive to your favorite road. Similar to running it in a dryer.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:17 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesinger
It gets real hot in there on a drive in summer. I would just go on a nice long drive to your favorite road. Similar to running it in a dryer.
OP is in the UK. There's only a couple of days of summer there so it may not get warm enough........ 😎
(I grew up in NW England)
The following users liked this post:
jamesinger (06-20-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 03:29 AM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 186 Posts

Shop vac.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:50 AM
AG GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fill it. Up with Rice. :-), seriously use a high powered wet/dry shop vac , you can also buy some desiccant and put it in there. I would try to remove the carpet from the tub if you are up for it.

Quick Reply: Dropped Screenwash into hood