Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 seat malfunction help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021 | 01:22 AM
PCarFan16
Advanced

Default 997.1 seat malfunction help

Hi, first post here. new owner of 997.1 C4 cab that I bought on BAT. Love the car. However, the passenger seat (power seats) fore and aft doesn’t work. The motor activates with the switch but when I look under the seat, the motor twists a few degrees on its mounts but the shaft coming out of the motor doesn’t turn. The bracket holding the same motor seems to be bent. Unfortunately, the seat is stuck in its most aft position, preventing access to rear seat bolts and thus seat removal. Any thoughts or advice?

the seat belt latch is installed backward so I assume the seat was removed at some point and it was set down on the bracket which caused it to bend and thus bind the motor. I doubt the motor is torquey enough to bend the bracket if bound.

thanks!
Old 06-07-2021 | 09:09 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

First, look very carefully at both tracks and make sure a coin isn't jammed in the track binding up the one side and making it twist.

You may have to figure out a way to pull the seat to really be able to diagnose it, but understand that will be really hard to do without being able to expose the rest bolts with the stuck seat.

Quick Reply: 997.1 seat malfunction help