I Cheaped Out But Still Won

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 10:45 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,701 Likes on 4,258 Posts

Originally Posted by JRBucks
I believe it does have full leather. These are pics from when it was traded pre detail.

You didn't say it was cocoa inside - that's gorgeous and an expensive permium leather option that does have the full leather package pieces covered. Also has the Makassar dark wood trim. It's not pupular but it's beautiful. We retrofitted that into my wife's car. You won't believe what that stuff costs new if yiu can't find it used, and yiu can't find it used. It's as expensive as the factory carbon fiber center console.

Is the exterior GT silver? You have a pic of thr center console stack that shows the radio, HVAC, and buttons, we can see what options it has by that.

Great score man!

Last edited by Petza914; 04-23-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:07 AM
JRBucks
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Durling21
I’m in the same boat as you! Picking up my 997.2 with a MT Sunday! Was looking for a .1s but the market has gone bananas for those too. Once I found a .2 MT black on black I jumped on it. Little higher miles than I wanted but now I won’t care when I drive the crap out of it. It’s my first 911 as well. I’ll be posting pics Sunday! Enjoy!
That's what I came away with after the test drive. This is a car I'm going to use as the engineers designed it to be. I'm not going to worry about miles or depreciation I'm going to enjoy it. And yeah a couple other cars I was serious about got sold while I was thinking about them, so when this one came along it somehow checked all the right boxes even though it wasn't what I thought I wanted.

Originally Posted by Petza914
You didn't say it was cocoa inside - that's gorgeous and an expensive permium leather option that does have the full leather package pieces covered. Also has the Makassar dark wood trim. It's not pupular but it's beautiful. We retrofitted that into my wife's car. You won't believe what that stuff costs new if yiu can't find it used, and yiu can't find it used. It's as expensive as the factory carbon fiber center console.

Is the exterior GT silver? You have a pic of thr center console stack that shows the radio, HVAC, and buttons, we can see what options it has by that.

Great score man!
Yes it's GT silver, my favorite color next to Irish green. I would've never ordered cocoa but in person it is stunning and the wood compliments it. I love wood in cars and the Makassar is a beautiful wood. Here is the center stack. Question can the temp and fan wheels be replaced or repainted.

The following users liked this post:
IrishLegend (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 11:31 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,701 Likes on 4,258 Posts

That's what I came away with after the test drive. This is a car I'm going to use as the engineers designed it to be. I'm not going to worry about miles or depreciation I'm going to enjoy it. And yeah a couple other cars I was serious about got sold while I was thinking about them, so when this one came along it somehow checked all the right boxes even though it wasn't what I thought I wanted.

Yes it's GT silver, my favorite color next to Irish green. I would've never ordered cocoa but in person it is stunning and the wood compliments it. I love wood in cars and the Makassar is a beautiful wood. Here is the center stack. Question can the temp and fan wheels be replaced or repainted.
Nice. No PASM in that one, but that's OK.

MA Carbon makes the replacement HVAC toggles and are the best ones. You have to remove and take apart the control head but there are good DIY instructions on their site. If the stereo ***** are sticky yiu can buy new ones of those from Suncoast and they're an easy swap.
JRBucks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 12:40 PM
IrishLegend
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Congrats!
PCA.org
JRBucks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 02:47 PM
pitargue
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That interior is gorgeous! I wouldn't want to get out of it with the leather and wood. Oh my! :-)
JRBucks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 03:19 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Congrats! I feel the same way when I get into my 997.1 S coupe. It's not fast, not slow and not filled with the latest tech. However, it just feels right, still smells new and still feels tight (given I only have 24K miles on it)

Let's see this thing! Enjoy the ride!
Me too ...The older I get the less gadgets I want ....besides coming from the sport bike world in my Yout ! My 997.1 C4S is just right for street use , the suspension can handle the crappy roads well enough that it doesn't feel like you are going thru reentry in a space capsule and its fast enough and then some where I can still get into trouble :0 ...and
It looks great ! ...

I thought and still get the urge every now and then to just say screw it and go buy a GT3 or a Turbo but then I look at my money making money in my account and my 997 and I say to myself ... What the hell am I thinking ...makes no sense for a pleasure car as my 997 does it all.... I do want an air cooled though !!
Old 04-23-2021, 03:37 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

Looks like it has Sport Exhaust
Old 04-23-2021, 03:52 PM
ShaunPerry
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats and welcome! In for pictures as well.
JRBucks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 04:06 PM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,420 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Nice score and welcome to the 997 Club! Where are you located?
JRBucks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 04:58 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by JRBucks;[url=tel:17385566
17385566[/url]]That's what I came away with after the test drive. This is a car I'm going to use as the engineers designed it to be. I'm not going to worry about miles or depreciation I'm going to enjoy it. And yeah a couple other cars I was serious about got sold while I was thinking about them, so when this one came along it somehow checked all the right boxes even though it wasn't what I thought I wanted.

It appears to PSE. Very cool.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:26 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 242 Posts

Another GT Silver over Cocoa cab owner!! Congrats and enjoy!!
JRBucks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 05:49 PM
southbay
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 200 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the club!
Enter your VIN here to get the options list. Vinanalytics.com
JRBucks (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:28 PM
JRBucks
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 131 Posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I just got back after a 2 hour ride. I love it!! The ride is compliant for what it is. The handling is excellent. Set the car into the corner and pour on the speed. The exhaust open and intake noises provide their own soundtrack. Sure I would like more power but coming from a 900hp car I can tell you this, I wouldn't have any more fun if I did, I would just be going faster. The power is more than adequate for the street and easily exploitable.

My only compliant is I would like to be able you listen to music from a usb or stream from an app. I'm sure that can be addressed. Until then I'll make do with my open exhaust and my old CD collection

Originally Posted by linderpat
Nice score and welcome to the 997 Club! Where are you located?
Upper Bucks Co in PA

For those who care that's a 458, 2019 Speedster, & 964 Turbo in the background.

In it's new home.

ManoTexas (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:46 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Received 693 Likes on 418 Posts

Like the wheels. Really disappointed has clear side markers so we can’t diss on you! Top appears perfect and like hardly ever been put down. PSE and revs sound glorious with top down
The following 2 users liked this post by ManoTexas:
JRBucks (04-23-2021), VT Blue (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 01:21 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I just got back after a 2 hour ride. I love it!! The ride is compliant for what it is. The handling is excellent. Set the car into the corner and pour on the speed. The exhaust open and intake noises provide their own soundtrack. Sure I would like more power but coming from a 900hp car I can tell you this, I wouldn't have any more fun if I did, I would just be going faster. The power is more than adequate for the street and easily exploitable.

My only compliant is I would like to be able you listen to music from a usb or stream from an app. I'm sure that can be addressed. Until then I'll make do with my open exhaust and my old CD collection
Some say it is sacrilege but when I bought my 997.1 two years ago I had an audio shop put in a new receiver with CarPlay / Android Auto and USB ports for charging (though the head unit can do wired or wireless CarPlay) and it works awesome. Integrates with the steering wheel controls. They also added a backup cam since the head unit supported it. The nice thing is I still have the OEM PCM head unit and can provide it upon sale or swap it back if I feel I need to for selling it. The Wireless CarPlay has been really nice.
JRBucks (04-24-2021)

Quick Reply: I Cheaped Out But Still Won