Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kinesis Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021 | 02:10 PM
RABjr
Instructor

Default Kinesis Wheels?

Hello - I have stumbled into some wheels that I really like, brand Kinesis.

Here on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/19-Porsche-...1f82%7Ciid%3A1

I can't find anything on the company, or if anyone is still selling these wheels. Anyone know much about the company of have experience with these wheels?

Thanks,

Rick
Old 04-07-2021 | 02:32 PM
TopKatz
Racer

Check my post history. A RL member posted some awesome info on the company when I was looking at a car that had these same wheels on it.

ling short of it is they are high quality light forged wheels. The company has been bought and are not as well regarded any longer.
Old 04-07-2021 | 02:41 PM
ShaunP
Racer

old school forged wheels. they were a very reliable forged wheel brand until the company was bought out. lexani bought them and turned into some blinged out crap about 15yrs ago.
Old 04-07-2021 | 02:58 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

I worked at Kinesis back around 95. Peter Stacey owned the company when I worked there. I grew up with his daughters. He is a graduate of Art Center and had a radical WB 914. He was one of the designers of the Cobra from my memory. Whenever we would have a booth at Monterrey back then, lots of people would come to see him specifically. I was the lonely kid in the back. Cool guy. Porsche even gave us a boxster for the preview at the Concours + Laguna Seca events that year...I think it was 95 but it was so long ago, I cannot remember. Driving the Boxster pre-release a little up there is a really good memory. I was working there while trying to go to community college at the same time but I had to step back and focus on college over working. There was another guy who I worked with directly there that is on Rennlist Alan Baylis but he has not posted in 5 years or so. ...Also a really cool guy. IDK if he posts on here or if he would even remember me besides being the grumpy kid who used to build wheels in the back and complain while trying to flirt with the girl at the deli across the alley.

In any case, Peter bought out Etoile and morphed it into Kinesis. We were right by HRE actually. We made High Quality handbuilt 3pc. wheels for a lot of cool cars when I was there but mainly Porsches. I know Peter retired and sold the company as stated above sometime after 2000. To get to the wheels in the picture, when I was there we only made 3pc. wheels. I have no memory of anything but 3pc. wheels. Therefore, I assume these were made later, possibly after Peter sold the company but IDK. Maybe Alan is out there in the ether and can comment.
Old 04-07-2021 | 03:09 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

BTW, because of this thread, I finally realized something that has been nagging me for YEARS. GOTTI and Etoile were the same. I have never been able to tell the wheels apart or know what came first and if one or the other were knockoffs. I guess they were both under the same company Eurorep Inc. Every time I see the Gottis or Etoiles it is like a loose tooth for my OCD to pick up on.

https://www.vehicleservicepros.com/s...marketing-team
Old 04-07-2021 | 07:36 PM
RABjr
Instructor

Originally Posted by TopKatz
Check my post history. A RL member posted some awesome info on the company when I was looking at a car that had these same wheels on it.

ling short of it is they are high quality light forged wheels. The company has been bought and are not as well regarded any longer.
Got it, thanks!
Old 04-07-2021 | 07:36 PM
RABjr
Instructor

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-07-2021 | 07:37 PM
RABjr
Instructor

Originally Posted by jamesinger
I worked at Kinesis back around 95. Peter Stacey owned the company when I worked there. I grew up with his daughters. He is a graduate of Art Center and had a radical WB 914. He was one of the designers of the Cobra from my memory. Whenever we would have a booth at Monterrey back then, lots of people would come to see him specifically. I was the lonely kid in the back. Cool guy. Porsche even gave us a boxster for the preview at the Concours + Laguna Seca events that year...I think it was 95 but it was so long ago, I cannot remember. Driving the Boxster pre-release a little up there is a really good memory. I was working there while trying to go to community college at the same time but I had to step back and focus on college over working. There was another guy who I worked with directly there that is on Rennlist Alan Baylis but he has not posted in 5 years or so. ...Also a really cool guy. IDK if he posts on here or if he would even remember me besides being the grumpy kid who used to build wheels in the back and complain while trying to flirt with the girl at the deli across the alley.

In any case, Peter bought out Etoile and morphed it into Kinesis. We were right by HRE actually. We made High Quality handbuilt 3pc. wheels for a lot of cool cars when I was there but mainly Porsches. I know Peter retired and sold the company as stated above sometime after 2000. To get to the wheels in the picture, when I was there we only made 3pc. wheels. I have no memory of anything but 3pc. wheels. Therefore, I assume these were made later, possibly after Peter sold the company but IDK. Maybe Alan is out there in the ether and can comment.
Very interesting story! - that was a long time ago...
Old 04-07-2021 | 08:59 PM
RABjr
Instructor

Default Purchase Made

I really really like these wheels, price was right, I also like they don't make them anymore...Purchase has been made and will be here next week. I went with these, Kinesis K19:

Last edited by RABjr; 04-09-2021 at 08:35 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RABjr:
Ohio Performance (04-07-2021), PhillyNate (04-16-2021), tegraphile (04-11-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 09:03 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Those look more properly like the wheels that we were building when I was there. Also, easy to service and fix. I would assume that if you cannot get parts from Kinesis for them directly any more, you would be able to figure out what works with HRE bits.
The following users liked this post:
RABjr (04-09-2021)
Old 04-08-2021 | 09:30 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

There’s a guy in NY that has some Kinesis parts. I have the same wheels but haven’t mounted them. Great in that they are somewhat unique bad in the event of damage. You can’t get the bolts either, other than through this guy in NY. Something about 7mm vs 8 or was it 6 vs 7. Can’t remember. You could have someone drill out the holes a little bigger in the future I suppose.
Old 04-09-2021 | 08:30 AM
RABjr
Instructor

That is good to know. I am really looking forward to getting these on the car!
Old 04-09-2021 | 08:32 AM
RABjr
Instructor

Originally Posted by workhurts
There’s a guy in NY that has some Kinesis parts. I have the same wheels but haven’t mounted them. Great in that they are somewhat unique bad in the event of damage. You can’t get the bolts either, other than through this guy in NY. Something about 7mm vs 8 or was it 6 vs 7. Can’t remember. You could have someone drill out the holes a little bigger in the future I suppose.
Interesting on the unique bolt size. Do you have the same center caps? I am undecided as to run the Kinesis of Porsche center caps?

rick
Old 04-09-2021 | 08:33 AM
RABjr
Instructor

jamessinger - are the polished lips clear coated (sealed) or can they be polished?
Old 04-09-2021 | 02:31 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Quick Reply: Kinesis Wheels?