Sponsored by:

Rennline Tunable Semi-Solid Engine Mounts - just ordered

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 10:07 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Rennline Tunable Semi-Solid Engine Mounts - just ordered

Looking forward to these, going to be installing to my 997S with a 4.0L. My current OEM mounts are definitely due for a swap (exhaust is hanging lower than normal) and my passenger seat visually shakes more than it should. Rennline website is doing 15% off currently.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:12 PM
///Malcontent
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you received your mounts yet? I ordered a set on November 27, 2020 and still haven't received them.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:29 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Nice! I just installed the RSS mounts on my .1 last month.

I did notice a lot more NVH (compared to what other owners reported) with my passenger seatbelt lock and driver’s side mirror vibrating. Most suggested to drive the car more and they’ll eventually settle in. I’m happy to report that after 300 miles, the NVH has reduced. It’s very minimal but still there.

The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 01:33 AM
PJP13
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Malcontent
Have you received your mounts yet? I ordered a set on November 27, 2020 and still haven't received them.
I ordered a few days before you from Pelican and they have been on BO ever since with updates every two weeks pushing delivery out typically by about two weeks... last email update I got says they are looking to start shipping 3/15...

Good Luck
Old 03-12-2021, 10:32 AM
///Malcontent
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJP13
I ordered a few days before you from Pelican and they have been on BO ever since with updates every two weeks pushing delivery out typically by about two weeks... last email update I got says they are looking to start shipping 3/15...

Good Luck
I'm thinking about cancelling and ordering RSS mounts.
DesmoSD (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 12:25 PM
///Malcontent
Rennlist Member

Good Luck
@PJP13 Did you receive word on 3/15 that your mounts shipped?
Old 03-30-2021, 12:30 PM
msequence
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered around similar timeframe. The issue is actually the durometer of the mounts they had on order came in about 10% stiffer than what was spec'd. So all three configs are 10% stiffer. I reached out to them to see what was going on with the order and they let me know about this. I told them I'm cool with the 10% stiffer setup, so they put a set together for me and got it shipped out last week. Should be here shortly. I figure even if 10% stiffer, if I don't like the middle setup which is what I was gonna run, I can always step down to the softest which should still be a bit closer to the previous middle setup. They have a new order out with the correct durometer, so that is the reasoning for the delay as I understand it.

Hope this helps. I'll post back when I install mine as well with feedback.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:54 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,208 Likes on 775 Posts

Personally I'd start with the stiffest inserts. And then drive 500 miles so they can settle in. If you then find the NVH to be too much then you can go lower in durometer. You're not as likely to go up after the fact.

Personally, if I could go 10% above the stiffest (that I currently have) I'd jump on it. But different cars may react differently and we all have our own desires.
msequence (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 03:05 PM
///Malcontent
Rennlist Member

I would be OK with 10% stiffer. As if I would even know the difference. What is frustrating is the general lack of communication and unfulfilled deadlines without a peep. And, really, how long does it take to remanufacture some urethane doughnuts? Certainly not six months.
DesmoSD (03-31-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 04:50 PM
msequence
Intermediate

I would be OK with 10% stiffer. As if I would even know the difference. What is frustrating is the general lack of communication and unfulfilled deadlines without a peep. And, really, how long does it take to remanufacture some urethane doughnuts? Certainly not six months.
I hear you on the stiffness, looking forward to getting these on. My only guess was something covid delay related perhaps? Who knows.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:51 PM
msequence
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Personally I'd start with the stiffest inserts. And then drive 500 miles so they can settle in. If you then find the NVH to be too much then you can go lower in durometer. You're not as likely to go up after the fact.

Personally, if I could go 10% above the stiffest (that I currently have) I'd jump on it. But different cars may react differently and we all have our own desires.
Appreciate the insight there! I'll try that. Do you find much increased NVH with yours set as they are? What benefits have you realized being on the stiffest?
Old 03-31-2021, 01:52 AM
PJP13
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 64 Posts

@PJP13 Did you receive word on 3/15 that your mounts shipped?

Nope, more delays. Same story on the quality control issue with the lot they received... No word on when the next batch will be in stock...
Old 03-31-2021, 12:34 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,208 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by msequence
Appreciate the insight there! I'll try that. Do you find much increased NVH with yours set as they are? What benefits have you realized being on the stiffest?
For me the very small amount of added NVH at certain (generally transitional) RPM ranges doesn't mean a thing. And the rear end wallow in undulating sweepers is gone.

But different cars may respond differently based on a lot of different things (springs, shocks, tire pressures, ...). Every physical element has it's own harmonic frequency map.

When I swapped to the black (race) transmission mounts (actually the external plastic bushings) NVH diminished. I'm thinking the large gap of the OEM pieces was allowing large displacement vibration and the new pieces tightened things to a frequency that was less sympathetic to the car's harmonic frequencies.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:40 PM
///Malcontent
Rennlist Member

Nope, more delays. Same story on the quality control issue with the lot they received... No word on when the next batch will be in stock...
I was told the next batch would be in stock at the end of May. They offered to build a set with the out-of-spec durometer and I took them up on it. They shipped yesterday.

Quick Reply: Rennline Tunable Semi-Solid Engine Mounts - just ordered