Sport Chrono vs. Sport Chrono Plus

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 12:15 AM
southbay
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by russpe
Thanks Southbay.

OK, I ran the VIN check with your link and got an accurate account of the options and even the sale price. Nice touch. No surprises but still a nice list to have in writing. Speaking of options... one of them is heated seats but sadly, they're not working. Once again I dipped into this forum and found that this might not be an electrical issue at all but instead possibly a firmware one (of course I did check the fuses first). And coincidentally it seems like this might also be why my Homelink is not working either. From a few scattered posts I found that I may need to get something called a "handover" procedure done with a PIWIS programmer at the dealership which may possibly have been caused by replacing the battery incorrectly. Do you know anything about this? Is the firmware in these cars so volatile that a simple thing like replacing a battery could corrupt it? And if you have heard of the handover thing, is that description of how I'd articulate my request to the dealer or is there some more technical term?
Yes a battery replacement causes that and the dealer needs to fix/reset it with PIWIS.
Now I have to check if my seat heaters work
Old 10-07-2020, 03:59 PM
russpe
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ha! Yeah well they're not for me, gotta keep the lady comfortable or I ride alone... Hmmm
The following users liked this post:
PowderJunkie (10-07-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 02:42 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
If you like the look of the wart, you can add it and install a clock in it. There are threads on the forum with information on how to do that. It would actually be useful with a clock in it. I have Sport Chrono Plus and the wart looks neat but is useless for a daily driver like my car. I'd love a clock up there. If Porsche sold a nice-looking branded clock retrofit, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Instead, I do what some others have done and stopped my timer at 9:11 and left it there.

The first time I did it, I hit 9:11 on the second or third try.
I had Some work done to my car and when the battery was disconnected the timer reset. It took me about 10 minutes to re-set it this time around.
Well done. It's been a while but I remember reading stories of people with more time on their hands than I have who spent a good part of a lazy afternoon hitting the spot. Those digits tick by at a pretty good clip.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono vs. Sport Chrono Plus