Porsche 997, C4s, low power & noise while reviving the engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 01:04 PM
Dwad
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche 997, C4s, low power & noise while reviving the engine

Greetings experts,
I need your advice on a 997, 2007 C4s mileage (160000kms)...
Car hesitates at idle only at around 1000 rpm, than it is smooth( please check video link) it happens only while I kickdown(i rapidly pressing accelerator)... Although if I accelerate smoothly there is no hesitation.......there is also some strange smell with very little white smoke at exhaust as well..
I found some oil in all the spark plugs, car is not turbo, I suspect it could be oil separator. But I don't know how to be sure that it is the oil separator that is causing oil inside the cylinders...
Car is low on power as well, spark plugs+ coils+ air filter are brand new original...
I am uploading a link to the video below for reference..
https://youtu.be/G6owqAJEUl8
Thankyou everyone....

Last edited by Dwad; 09-07-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Get a code reader and find out what all the blinking warning lights mean to start with. It's possible you have a major vacuum leak and that's why the ABS light I on as you can't build vacuum for the brake booster. The vacuum leak could also be caused by a failed AOS.
The following users liked this post:
Dwad (09-08-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 11:14 PM
Dwad
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Get a code reader and find out what all the blinking warning lights mean to start with. It's possible you have a major vacuum leak and that's why the ABS light I on as you can't build vacuum for the brake booster. The vacuum leak could also be caused by a failed AOS.
For the engine ECU there is only one code for secondary air pump, but it does not exist in this model, I looked for it but it was not there..
The abs light is there because we tried disconnecting battery & some lights came on, otherwise no codes for abs..
Thanks

Quick Reply: Porsche 997, C4s, low power & noise while reviving the engine