997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 4S Need new Rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020 | 04:37 AM
daxbox
Advanced

If it's helpful - Vorsteiner in Carbon Graphite on my 997.2. Not quite black, very dark grey, satin with a bit of sparkle in direct sunlight

Last edited by daxbox; 07-26-2020 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-26-2020 | 09:44 AM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Here. Again, these are gloss black HRE P40's. Satin would look better than gloss to my eyes but as I said I got a sweet deal on these so a slight compromise. All and all I think it makes for a good looking package. Moderately tinted windows pull it all together imo.

Aside from liking your forged wheels more than my wheels, I think satin black is the color I am going with, It will be a big enough appearance change to make me think I bought another 997!

Also, thanks for mentioning the tinted windows. Besides looking better, it is necessity down here! What tint did you get?
Old 07-26-2020 | 08:17 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Absolutely love my 997.1 GT3 wheels in Hyper Silver
But on a C4S (widebody) you need a big spacer for the rear.
I went with a 25mm adapter style that bolts to the hub and the wheel bolts to it.
Perfectly safe.
And a 12mm in the front.

Both spacers are removed when I track the car as my OZ's are a perfect offset.

The following users liked this post:
Ironman88 (07-26-2020)
Old 07-27-2020 | 02:50 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jeffkilly
Aside from liking your forged wheels more than my wheels, I think satin black is the color I am going with, It will be a big enough appearance change to make me think I bought another 997!

Also, thanks for mentioning the tinted windows. Besides looking better, it is necessity down here! What tint did you get?
It really is necessary here and in a bunch of other southern states. Sorry but can't remember what grade of tint I got. I think it was 40% on that car. Could have been 30% but I doubt it since that's getting into ghetto territory. Here's a good site explaining the whole tint issue in case you're not familiar. It also has a "tool" where you can slide back and forth and get a good idea of what each percentage will look like.

As we mentioned throughout our site, window tint darkness is measured by the percent of light that passes through your windows, which is called VLT — visible light transmission.: https://www.tinting-laws.com/tint-darkness-example/
Old 07-27-2020 | 12:32 PM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
It really is necessary here and in a bunch of other southern states. Sorry but can't remember what grade of tint I got. I think it was 40% on that car. Could have been 30% but I doubt it since that's getting into ghetto territory. Here's a good site explaining the whole tint issue in case you're not familiar. It also has a "tool" where you can slide back and forth and get a good idea of what each percentage will look like.
Great tinting site - thanks!

Quick Reply: 997.2 4S Need new Rims