997 Fan Default Setting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 04:26 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,913 Likes on 2,903 Posts
Default 997 Fan Default Setting?

All,

The PCM unit on my 997S was upgraded to a Kenwood Bluetooth/Backup Camera unit by previous owner.
Whenever I start my car the Fan comes on at 3 bars. Stays on until I manually set it to "0" bars. I was told I'd need to remove the CM unit and reset the Fan manually in order to eliminate Fan coming on during startup.

Not a big deal but wondering do our cars have a Fan Default setting where the Fan automatically comes on when starting the car or did installer of my Kenwood Unit not have the Fan set properly during install?
I remember reading that the 991 has default setting and Fan comes on when starting car but I have forgotten whether my previous 997's Fan came on.

Also would appreciate if anyone familiar with the Fan setup could explain with what needs to be done in my case to reset Fan so it does not come on during startup.

Thx in advance!

Old 06-14-2020, 04:45 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

In my 997.2 with the stock PCM it goes to whatever setting it was at when I turned it off.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:30 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

You talking about the fan that's part of the HVAC system? If so, look in the manual for Key memory stored settings. You need to set the HVAC where you want it, then restore those settings that are linked to the particular key you're using. You can also try starting the car with the other key and see if it behaves differently as it's provisioned to store 2 sets of settings - one for each key. Turn the car off, get out, lock the door. Unlock the door with the other key and start the car and see if the fan does the same thing.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:04 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,913 Likes on 2,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
You talking about the fan that's part of the HVAC system? If so, look in the manual for Key memory stored settings. You need to set the HVAC where you want it, then restore those settings that are linked to the particular key you're using. You can also try starting the car with the other key and see if it behaves differently as it's provisioned to store 2 sets of settings - one for each key. Turn the car off, get out, lock the door. Unlock the door with the other key and start the car and see if the fan does the same thing.
Thx Petza914 - Yes the HVAC Fan--->I'll check out re-setting you mentioned.
Appreciate the help

Quick Reply: 997 Fan Default Setting?