Sponsored by:

More info on 2005...valuation opinions appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 03:29 PM
jmoffett
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sporty
Well -what happened/is happening - any update?
The seller has not contacted me yet. He asked for a couple days to consider my offer, which I made on the phone Tuesday morning. I'm currently messaging with the seller of another car in case he declines or doesn't respond.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:08 AM
jmoffett
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We settled on a price, which was essentially the price I offered but I would pay for the plugs/coils ($600) if it passed the PPI. My wife and I were on our way to our lake house yesterday evening (which is about 45 minutes past where the car is located) and she asked if we could go look at it. I texted the seller and he said ok. When we arrived the car was sitting out of the garage in the driveway and the guy had a disgusted look on his face. He scraped the PS of the rear bumper on the garage door opening when he was backing it out. A big chunk of paint came off with it. He offered to knock $1000 off the price but I’m not sure that’s enough to get it repainted and make it the trouble.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:00 AM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoffett
We settled on a price, which was essentially the price I offered but I would pay for the plugs/coils ($600) if it passed the PPI. My wife and I were on our way to our lake house yesterday evening (which is about 45 minutes past where the car is located) and she asked if we could go look at it. I texted the seller and he said ok. When we arrived the car was sitting out of the garage in the driveway and the guy had a disgusted look on his face. He scraped the PS of the rear bumper on the garage door opening when he was backing it out. A big chunk of paint came off with it. He offered to knock $1000 off the price but I’m not sure that’s enough to get it repainted and make it the trouble.
Respray of the bumper in Jersey is about $600-$700; not sure what it would be in Arkansas, but I assume it may be less expensive(?). If the car is all good, I would not let that stop you unless you have similar alternatives. You are getting in for a very good price IMHO if PPI checks out.

Quick Reply: More info on 2005...valuation opinions appreciated