Sponsored by:

Windows won’t go up with top down

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Jay Page
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windows won’t go up with top down

I hope it’s something simple, first day it with he new to me 2006 911 cab.
the windows wouldn’t go up when we dropped the top. Put the top up, and they worked normally.
whatam I missing here?
thanks

Old 05-11-2020, 10:03 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,704 Likes on 4,261 Posts

First, congrats on the new car.

I don't have a cab, but believe there's a sensor that tells the car when the top is all the way down that then let's the windows function again. Maybe your sensor isn't working. The purpose is so that people don't put the windows up while the top is moving and the top breaks the windows.

When you put the top down, do the windows automatically drop a little? I think they're supposed to do that too.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:24 PM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
First, congrats on the new car.

I don't have a cab, but believe there's a sensor that tells the car when the top is all the way down that then let's the windows function again. Maybe your sensor isn't working. The purpose is so that people don't put the windows up while the top is moving and the top breaks the windows.

When you put the top down, do the windows automatically drop a little? I think they're supposed to do that too.
Both front and rear windows go all the way down before the top opens at all. After the top is all the way down, the *front* windows are supposed to go all the way back up if you continue to hold the switch. The quarter window in the back always stays down when the top is down.

Personally, when my windows start to go all the way back up with the top open, I take it as a sign that the top down limit switch has been reached, and I stop the windows from coming up by releasing the switch, then put them all the way back down again. I know people drive around with the top down and the windows up, but for me, that kind of defeats the purpose of the cab. I don't even like to use the wind deflector in the back (but my wife makes me put it up).
The following users liked this post:
bschurr (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 03:30 PM
Floyd Landis
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would you want the windows up with the top down?
darrenj (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 04:34 PM
ogun228
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Go to the easiest cause: there is a front rear switch under the window buttons. Make sure it is on front or depress the front part.
Could be as simple as that.
bschurr (05-12-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 09:14 AM
David Berry
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Floyd Landis
Why would you want the windows up with the top down?
when driving at highway speeds I put my windows up when top is down, especially when temperatures are cold.

Quick Reply: Windows won’t go up with top down