Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 S questione

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 11:08 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

My 997.1 C4S is plenty fast for street use you don't need another 25hp ... Learning to properly drive one in stock form should keep you busy enough. Extra mods in my opinion are not worth the money as gains are minimal and not necessary. Enjoy having a nice car that is simply joyful to drive without trying to go down the street like a kid in a lowered Honda with a "performance muffler" trying to pass everything in sight.

HP is not what it is all about with these cars ....handling , precision , timing ...reaction, proper input & feel when all blended together with time and practice becomes much more rewarding than straight line acceleration and will make you appreciate true capabilities of the car and yourself as a seasoned driver in stock form, then once mastered kimosabe go wild and find yourself a turbo or gt3 and a race track and start all over again..
The following 2 users liked this post by rileyracing1:
Hella-Buggin' (12-20-2019), TheTorch (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 08:25 AM
mjposner
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 116 Posts

My two cents...Street is about Torque and down low, HP is about track, up high. Most people cannot objectively feel a 15% range in power. So the 10% gain by the X51 may not be noticeable in a blinded drive as its is only a 10% hike, or may only be noticeable in certain circumstances. Butt Dyno is subject to the placebo effect, I did something to car and I justify/rationalize effort and money by believing that the car is faster. Only way to know for sure is dyno or test runs on a track.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:52 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
What does your butt dyno tell ya cowboy 😁?
At least 500hp!! The car has come alive, pulls harder in all rpms, keeps up with gt3s and all the other platitudes my fellow butt dyno cowboys use but that I have forgotten at the moment!

The infallible butt dyno has spoken
Old 12-20-2019, 10:54 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mjposner
My two cents...Street is about Torque and down low, HP is about track, up high. Most people cannot objectively feel a 15% range in power. So the 10% gain by the X51 may not be noticeable in a blinded drive as its is only a 10% hike, or may only be noticeable in certain circumstances. Butt Dyno is subject to the placebo effect, I did something to car and I justify/rationalize effort and money by believing that the car is faster. Only way to know for sure is dyno or test runs on a track.
Right on!

Except if it's my butt dyno of course
Old 12-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mjposner
Well stated. Suspension and precision handling are great. You can also upgrade it for relatively small sums of money, and it will go a long way in terms of enjoyment. 355 vs. 380 HP will not be noticed nearly as much.

Quick Reply: 997.1 S questione