Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunset Porsche still any good to get Porsche parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019 | 08:33 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Default Sunset Porsche still any good to get Porsche parts?

In the past I have seen good reviews with Sunset Porsche when ordering parts. I ordered 4 small parts from them, 3 on the original order and then a few hours later I sent them a message stating that I needed to add another part. I NEVER heard back from them regarding that 4th part, but I did get a Paypal request for the added difference and for expidited shipping (3-7 days VS 3-4 weeks), I quickly paid the Paypal request and figured that everything was fine. I still never got an email to confirm that the expedited shipping and extra part were added, but not a huge deal, I have it recorded in my Paypal account. It has been well over a week and I was just kind of curious where we are in the process. When I go online and type in my order number, it says everything is still "on order" and the 4th added part is listed, but it doesn't list any "status". I tried to find their phone number, BUT it is conveniently missing from the email I was initially sent and you can't access it or find it on their website. When you get creative and search Rennlist, people have given out the 1-800 number, but when you call, it ONLY lets you leave a voicemail. This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy!! Poor communication, impossible to find any contact info, and when you do, you get a voicemail and no option to even talk to a human.

Anyone order through them lately and have a good experience?

Old 12-04-2019 | 08:36 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Did you order from Sunset Porsche, or are you referring to Suncoast Parts?
Old 12-04-2019 | 08:53 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheMeister42
sunset Porsche parts.
Old 12-04-2019 | 09:05 PM
Iceter
Drifting

I ordered my brake parts from Sunset recently. They were great the first time around. The second, it took a few days for them to call me back after I reached out to them, then another couple of days for them to confirm my order. The prices were good but if I had been in any kind of a hurry, I’d have given up on them.
Old 12-04-2019 | 10:25 PM
nsau
Advanced

Recently ordered some parts from them. Communicated quickly through email. Parts arrived as ordered and in a reasonable time. I didn't have any complaints.
Old 12-04-2019 | 11:21 PM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

I've had good luck with them too, fast shipping and quick to contact me and let me know if there's a delay. I recently have been using Circle Porsche in Long Beach as their online prices match or are even cheaper than Sunset and I can pick them up the same day at will call (only 10 miles from me, close to the OP in Orange County too). Key is ordering and paying online and selecting will call ($5 charge). If you walk in without doing this the price is retail. They are happy to check stock before you order if you give them a call.
Old 12-05-2019 | 01:49 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PorscheMeister42
Seems like this has always been the most popular place to get parts from: https://www.suncoastporsche.com/suncoast-parts.htm But check the current thread about GT2 seats. They don't have those for either the 997 or 991. Used to but no longer for some reason.

This Porsche dealership has changed name from Suncoast to Sunset not too long ago so are they the same as referenced to here?
Old 12-05-2019 | 02:05 AM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Seems like this has always been the most popular place to get parts from: https://www.suncoastporsche.com/suncoast-parts.htm But check the current thread about GT2 seats. They don't have those for either the 997 or 991. Used to but no longer for some reason.

This Porsche dealership has changed name from Suncoast to Sunset not too long ago so are they the same as referenced to here?
Sunset is in Oregon, Suncoast is in Florida. The confusion with Suncoast is that they are part of an automotive GROUP referred to as Sunset (who are not affiliated with the Sunset Porsche in Oregon).
Old 12-05-2019 | 02:30 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge

suncoast is a different place. I have had bad luck with them when trying to order my GT3 front bumper a few years ago and I tried them a few weeks ago and once again was lied to about getting a specific trim for a 991.2 steering wheel.
Old 12-05-2019 | 03:06 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dom991.1
Sunset is in Oregon, Suncoast is in Florida. The confusion with Suncoast is that they are part of an automotive GROUP referred to as Sunset (who are not affiliated with the Sunset Porsche in Oregon).
To add to the confusion, what used to be Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota, FL is now Sunset Porsche, at least if you drive by the dealership and look at their signs. Their website however still tells you they're Suncoast.
Old 12-05-2019 | 11:08 AM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodH
suncoast is a different place. I have had bad luck with them when trying to order my GT3 front bumper a few years ago and I tried them a few weeks ago and once again was lied to about getting a specific trim for a 991.2 steering wheel.
I've used Suncoast numerous times - all with good results. Never a problem.
Old 12-05-2019 | 12:43 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Sunset (Oregon) = Have bought from them several times. Good prices, good service and would highly recommend. Luke is the guy you want to talk to.

Sonnen Porshe (California) = Same kudos as Sunset and their prices a slightly lower that Sunset.

Suncoast (Florida) = Have just about anything you need but at boutique prices.
Old 12-06-2019 | 09:42 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Astur
Sunset (Oregon) = Have bought from them several times. Good prices, good service and would highly recommend. Luke is the guy you want to talk to.

Sonnen Porshe (California) = Same kudos as Sunset and their prices a slightly lower that Sunset.

Suncoast (Florida) = Have just about anything you need but at boutique prices.
Ditto - over the last 13 years I've ordered from all 3 and never had any problem. Only issue I have is the freight cost - in most cases freight exceeds the sales tax savings. I've started taking a print out of the Suncoast page to my local parts department and many times they can get pretty close to matching the Suncoast price.
Old 12-06-2019 | 03:57 PM
Floyd540
Rennlist Member

Another vote for Circle. Their online parts store has the same or lower prices than the famous dealers like Suncoast and sunset. Very nice people to deal with. Genuine Porsche brake rotors are $156 front ,$148 rear for 997. About the same price as aftermarket and much less than "OEM" supplier or Porsche genuine from the famous suppliers. If you are in southern Ca , these guys are great. order online and pick up at store.Parts guys and service manager/adviser are car people.
My opinion
Old 08-06-2024 | 03:35 AM
KW63
1st Gear

Angry Sunset Porsche

I would not recommend Sunset Porsche. The after sales support or technical help is poor. They are not responsive at all. You are pretty much out of luck if you have any problems or technical issues with your order. Their only interest is to sell you stuff and you are on your own after that.

Quick Reply: Sunset Porsche still any good to get Porsche parts?