Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Standard Non-MF Steering Wheel - Does it Exist?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Eric Buckley
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Heated Standard Non-MF Steering Wheel - Does it Exist?

Is there such a thing as a Heated Standard Non-Multifunction steering wheel for a 2009 Carrera? I am asking about the "standard" wheel, with the "triangular" (not round) centre. I have a manual transmission car with a plain (non-multifunction) standard (triangular centre) steering wheel. My interior is Sand Beige. I would like to replace the wheel with one that is the same except with the 'Heated" option. However, I can't figure out what the Porsche Part Number would be for this wheel. Does anyone know the Part Number for this steering wheel configuration? Does this configuration even exist?
Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 567 Likes on 338 Posts

i have a heated 2009 997.2 round wheel but its black with black trim. it came from 2013 i believe so the part number may not match (as well as its being a diff color).

it just occurred to me that you have the 2009 sport wheel, which is the same as 2006 sport round wheel - not sure if that one came heated however.

Originally Posted by Eric Buckley
Is there such a thing as a Heated Standard Non-Multifunction steering wheel for a 2009 Carrera? I am asking about the "standard" wheel, with the "triangular" (not round) centre. I have a manual transmission car with a plain (non-multifunction) standard (triangular centre) steering wheel. My interior is Sand Beige. I would like to replace the wheel with one that is the same except with the 'Heated" option. However, I can't figure out what the Porsche Part Number would be for this wheel. Does anyone know the Part Number for this steering wheel configuration? Does this configuration even exist?
Old 11-12-2019, 12:23 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 374 Likes on 245 Posts

Triangular airbag wheel never came heated. Need round airbag wheel. 2009 was transition year. If adding to your car will need the clock spring/harness.

can also add a later macan wheel with heat. Need to buy an adaptor though.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:34 AM
Eric Buckley
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the input. It sounds like I'm looking for a unicorn.

Quick Reply: Heated Standard Non-MF Steering Wheel - Does it Exist?