997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car shipping besides Reliable or Intercity

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019 | 12:20 AM
63mercedes
Burning Brakes

When you google "Plycar reviews", in the top 5 hits it has two nightmare stories, one from the corvette forums and another from Ferrari chat. It kind of terrifies me lol. I don't think Plycar is in the mix. Thy strapped a fresh Ferrari restoration down by the bumpers and the corvette guys car was a week late getting picked up. Then stopped at an undisclosed location for 4 days then arrived damaged like the ferrari. I'm trying to avoid all of that.

New England coming down to Boca Raton.

The car looks great w0o, yes I'm in west Boca. Our weathers starting to get much better, hopefully I can get out and drive it.

Tractcontroloff, that sounds good to me, could you pass me the info?

RJT awesome purchase man, yellow was my first choice but they are scarse. My first pick was a 4s with yellow and a all carbon interior. It would take a lifetime to find it haha.
Old 10-19-2019 | 01:50 AM
powahousealex
Advanced

I have used USHIP plenty of times . Most of them are brokers .I paid 550 in a enclosed trailer for a bmw m6 from dallas texas to los angeles .
Old 10-19-2019 | 04:10 PM
jkoravos
Pro

Originally Posted by 63mercedes
When you google "Plycar reviews", in the top 5 hits it has two nightmare stories, one from the corvette forums and another from Ferrari chat. It kind of terrifies me lol. I don't think Plycar is in the mix. Thy strapped a fresh Ferrari restoration down by the bumpers and the corvette guys car was a week late getting picked up. Then stopped at an undisclosed location for 4 days then arrived damaged like the ferrari. I'm trying to avoid all of that.

New England coming down to Boca Raton.

The car looks great w0o, yes I'm in west Boca. Our weathers starting to get much better, hopefully I can get out and drive it.

Tractcontroloff, that sounds good to me, could you pass me the info?

RJT awesome purchase man, yellow was my first choice but they are scarse. My first pick was a 4s with yellow and a all carbon interior. It would take a lifetime to find it haha.

How was the quote from Intercity? They are in New England so I would expect the East Coast run would be reasonably priced and good schedule. They delivered my 997.2 in August. They picked up in Houston on the way back from Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Delivered to my place outside Boston within a week from when I booked. It was $1800 but I forgot to ask for the 5% RL discount, so would've been $1700. I'd expect NE to Boca would be similar, maybe a bit less.

Quick Reply: Car shipping besides Reliable or Intercity