Sponsored by:

Can you buy the PSE dash kit separately? 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by larrytrk

I also love my ashtray switch. eliminates the control module cut offs for regulations abroad.
Nice and I agree it's better than the factory system in that it's on or off when you want it to be.

Originally Posted by systech
DucatiRob over the ditch and myself downunder and others have done this but using a latching relay wired to the vacuum solenoid rather than via the ECU as prescribed in the Porsche TSB so that the PSE is either ON or OFF as per the switch setting and not controlled by the ECU on a rev/speed dependent basis.

I originally bought a kit including a remote control fob from Carnewal in Belgium but then implemented a wired solution using the OEM switch panel and the latching relay

You can read all about it here http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116327

I've reinstated the missing circuit diagram in the last post.

All very doable if you're a bit handy and have a basic grasp of electronics

This is a great write up but unfortunately the pictures don’t appear anymore. Did you buy the dash switch console that has all 6 buttons because you have PSE, SC, SC Plus, PSE, etc or can you customize which buttons you want?

Here's a switch that only has 4 buttons, part number 99761355301A05. I'd like to find one that only has the exhaust, spoiler, and PSM buttons but I'll use this if I can't find one.

Last edited by Chris M.; 09-12-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:17 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

I originally bought a kit including a remote control fob from Carnewal in Belgium but then implemented a wired solution using the OEM switch panel and the latching relay
So for this latching relay we want panel mount, DPDT, and 12V? Any chance you could re-post those pictures from your original post on the 911uk forum here?

And a Pierburg valve like this one?
Old 09-17-2019, 09:00 AM
systech
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
So for this latching relay we want panel mount, DPDT, and 12V?

systech: YES

Any chance you could re-post those pictures from your original post on the 911uk forum here?

systech: Sorry the original idea and post came from DucatiRob on 911UK.com forum. The circuit diagram I posted in the last post here https://rennlist.com/how-tos/a/porsc...spoiler-384158 is the only image that I actually stored on my PC so could recover.

And a Pierburg valve like this one?
I used the valve from the Carnewal remote kit which I understand was OEM (so probably Pierburg)

Hope that that helps.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:08 AM
systech
Instructor

Nice and I agree it's better than the factory system in that it's on or off when you want it to be.

This is a great write up but unfortunately the pictures don’t appear anymore. Did you buy the dash switch console that has all 6 buttons because you have PSE, SC, SC Plus, PSE, etc or can you customize which buttons you want?

Here's a switch that only has 4 buttons, part number 99761355301A05. I'd like to find one that only has the exhaust, spoiler, and PSM buttons but I'll use this if I can't find one.
The short answer is NO. There are lots of variations of the switch panel depending on the options that you have. You will need to determine the correct panel and part number from the PET (Porsche parts catalogue) and to do this you need to know the option codes applicable (these are also listed in the PET). I bought the panel with PSE, PASM, Sports Chrono, Spoiler lift and PSM OFF but don't have the PN handy...sorry.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:22 AM
nicogri
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey guys.

It is possible as a DIY...

A asian guy did it and published all schematics and PCB printings...

With the single small board you can control PSE using original dash button :

http://www.soaristo.jpn.org/blog/arc...sport-exhaust/

Now someone here got to try it and give us a good translation and feedback ;-)
The following users liked this post:
SOARISTO (10-20-2020)
Old 09-17-2019, 01:23 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nicogri
Hey guys.

Thanks I will check that out.
EDIT: I just read through that page and he built that control board from scratch. Doesn't seem feasbile for your average DIYer.

The short answer is NO. There are lots of variations of the switch panel depending on the options that you have. You will need to determine the correct panel and part number from the PET (Porsche parts catalogue) and to do this you need to know the option codes applicable (these are also listed in the PET). I bought the panel with PSE, PASM, Sports Chrono, Spoiler lift and PSM OFF but don't have the PN handy...sorry.

Found the one I need.

Last edited by Chris M.; 09-17-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:18 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Forgive my electronics ignorance but in this photo do the yellow lines indicate that the wire and the ends of the resistors are all soldered together on the back side of the board?
Old 09-27-2019, 11:30 AM
systech
Instructor

In short...yes. However the voltage divider is simply used to generate a voltage of around 4 volts as required by the relay input from the 12 V input and you can do this by simply using two instead of 3 resistors where the first is around twice the value of the second. I think I used 150 ohm and 270 ohm and strapped them across the relay terminals mounted in a small plastic housing rather than using two housings as DucatiRob has done.

The theory of voltage voltages can be seen here ... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_divider

using the above values the output voltage is 150/ (150 + 270) x 12 V = 4.2 V

Hope that helps.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

In short...yes. However the voltage divider is simply used to generate a voltage of around 4 volts as required by the relay input from the 12 V input and you can do this by simply using two instead of 3 resistors where the first is around twice the value of the second. I think I used 150 ohm and 270 ohm and strapped them across the relay terminals mounted in a small plastic housing rather than using two housings as DucatiRob has done.

The theory of voltage voltages can be seen here ... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_divider

using the above values the output voltage is 150/ (150 + 270) x 12 V = 4.2 V

Hope that helps.
Yes it does help. Thank you.

Is there only one 2v wire that goes into the latching relay? The wiring diagram shows 12v going into the relay in more than one location.

Last edited by Chris M.; 10-03-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

@systech did you only run one wire from the solenoid to the latching relay? I am also using a solenoid from a remote control kit but this solenoid has two wires coming out of it.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:10 AM
systech
Instructor

@systech did you only run one wire from the solenoid to the latching relay? I am also using a solenoid from a remote control kit but this solenoid has two wires coming out of it.

one line is for the switched relay output and the other is the ground signal. I ran two wires to the solenoid from the relay board but you could also run a wire from the solenoid to the chassis nearby for the ground signal if that is a problem.

one line is for the switched relay output and the other is the ground signal. I ran two wires to the solenoid from the relay board but you could also run a wire from the solenoid to the chassis nearby for the ground signal if that is a problem for you.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:34 AM
SOARISTO
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile PSE Control Unit with Always-On Mode

Hello 911 pilots!!

Originally Posted by nicogri
Hey guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9JT1RUfPc

nicogri, thank you for introducing me. I am the Asian Guy.

I made a Electromagnetic Valve Control Unit as a hobby.

I used to own a Porsche 997.2 Carrera S. At that time, I had made a PSE Control Circuit for it.

This is for my Audi R8, but it can also be applied to Porsche PSE.

Of course, this control unit has "Always-On Mode".

If you push the blue switch in the middle, the aggressive sound is allways on when you start the engine. (One more push, it turn off.)

You can use the "Combined Switch" in the center to operate it as if it were genuine equipment.

And I think it is a smarter way than making a handmade soldering circuit.

To get more information, refer this thread.

Thanks.

Last edited by SOARISTO; 10-21-2020 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Can you buy the PSE dash kit separately? 997.2