Sponsored by:

Gotta Sell my 2009 911S PDK

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gotta Sell my 2009 911S PDK

Decided to keep it.

After having a bad shoulder for over a year and no surgery planned I now have my hip out from damage going back 30 years. I’ve been lucky since buying new in Jan of 2010 and did not have medical have issues until a year ago. And to think it only has 28,000 original miles. It’s not a choice I want to make but I’m in a position I have no choice. I’m guessing being an original owner car and miles I can most likely get $50,000.

Last edited by 91469972; 06-30-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:48 PM
T4S
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not in the market, bought last year. Seems if you'd like some traction- photos and more details are necessary. Colors, options/specs, pictures, car's location. Among more..
Good luck with sale!
Old 06-03-2019, 10:37 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 91469972
After have a bad shoulder for over a year and not surgery planned I now have my hip out from damage going back 30 year. I’ve been lucky since buying new in Jan of 2010 and did have issues until a year ago. And to think it only has 28,000 original miles. It’s not a choice I want to make but I’m in a position I have no choice. I’m guessing being an original owner car and miles I can most likely get $50,000.
Post the VIN! You might get a hit on here. I have seen C2S models go for more than that (up to $56k) but it really depends on options. The one listed here that had the "intro" build (SPASM, buckets, meteor grey) went for $56k at the same mileage: that would be about the best you can do, but if you have more of a run of the mill build, closer to $50k is about right. It is a lot of car for the money.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Do you need to sell it? Two years from now you may be in great shape and regret it. If you gotta... GLWS.
Sorry about the medical issues.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:19 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by 91469972
After have a bad shoulder for over a year and not surgery planned I now have my hip out from damage going back 30 year. I’ve been lucky since buying new in Jan of 2010 and did have issues until a year ago. And to think it only has 28,000 original miles. It’s not a choice I want to make but I’m in a position I have no choice. I’m guessing being an original owner car and miles I can most likely get $50,000.
I enjoy the banter on this forum but sorry to say, the Rennlist Marketplace is not the best place to sell a car. Actually the worst based on a recent experience. Bring a Trailer gets high marks but you really have to put a lot of work into listing it there. Auto Trader and Car Gurus work well with much less effort and time put into it. All said, selling private really sucks in case you haven't tried it lately. Sucked bad enough where I decided to keep the car after some time dealing with.....let's just call them unusual individuals with unusual requests and demands. If I decide to get rid of my current car again I will wait for a dealer who has what I want and just trade.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:05 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Do you need to sell it? Two years from now you may be in great shape and regret it. If you gotta... GLWS.
Sorry about the medical issues.
Maybe he can buy a manual in 2 years: it is what he really wants anyways, right? 997 has gotta be a manual, IMO. Such a sweet gearbox
Old 06-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Dr.H
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I’m interested in your car if you’re going to sell. I’ve been stalking the forum and web looking for the right PRG / non-greyscale, well maintained Porsche. I’m located in NorCal.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I enjoy the banter on this forum but sorry to say, the Rennlist Marketplace is not the best place to sell a car. Actually the worst based on a recent experience. Bring a Trailer gets high marks but you really have to put a lot of work into listing it there. Auto Trader and Car Gurus work well with much less effort and time put into it. All said, selling private really sucks in case you haven't tried it lately. Sucked bad enough where I decided to keep the car after some time dealing with.....let's just call them unusual individuals with unusual requests and demands. If I decide to get rid of my current car again I will wait for a dealer who has what I want and just trade.
I bought a car here when I saw a poster say his car was for sale eventually. It is worth a shot! I got a slightly better price than he may have gotten otherwise, and he had a no-hassle, no jerkaround sale. Sounds like the opposite of your experience!
Old 06-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts

Haha yep. My experience with trying to buy a car privately was not fun either. So many people with no communication, unable to find titles, etc. If I am sending someone my money, I need to be pretty confident in what I am buying. Dealers don't represent fairly always either, so I will try and find independent dealers in the future that are reputable.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:38 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,701 Posts

I have sold several cars on RL over the years, the only issue holding back cars selling on RL is the ridiculously high asking prices by owners who have too much of an emotional attachment to them or too big an ego to lose a few $$ or too high a payoff to the bank
Secret to selling and having your car actually go by-by is to be sensible and pricing it right.

2009 997S w/PDK - $50K??
-What color
-What options-
Service records
-Any accident damage?

All of these factor into what your sell price will be. I'm guessing if it is nice color conbo/clean with some good options like Adaptive Sport Seats, PSE(Porsche Sound Exhaust) maybe $50K will sell it considering it is less desirable PDK
Old 06-04-2019, 08:01 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

There are nice cars for sale on RL, but when I was looking last fall, most were stupidly overpriced to the market, especially for the time of year. Many P-cars on BAT sell high, but that requires involvement by seller and they cherry pick who gets to sell.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:28 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by C4SDayton
There are nice cars for sale on RL, but when I was looking last fall, most were stupidly overpriced to the market, especially for the time of year. Many P-cars on BAT sell high, but that requires involvement by seller and they cherry pick who gets to sell.
BAT has gone downhill lately IMHO. It used to be pristine and rare cars but lately I see a lot of normal cars that have issues. Seems like BAT is more interested in volume lately. Or at the very least going with lower end cars to fill a void.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:41 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
BAT has gone downhill lately IMHO. It used to be pristine and rare cars but lately I see a lot of normal cars that have issues. Seems like BAT is more interested in volume lately. Or at the very least going with lower end cars to fill a void.
Maybe they've lost some volume due to their off the chart demands. I started the process with them which included 18 pictures but it was short lived. Got a stern reply asking for an additional 50 pictures including pictures of the car on a lift from below. Do you really need 65 pictures to fairly represent a car? I can't even begin to think of the number of duplicates that has to be the result of that number of images. And who has any interest in wading through 65 pictures? No thanks. Don't have the time for that kind of nonsense, nor do I see the benefit of it since any sensible buyer will pay for a good PPI which will supersede all this excess.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:32 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Maybe they've lost some volume due to their off the chart demands. I started the process with them which included 18 pictures but it was short lived. Got a stern reply asking for an additional 50 pictures including pictures of the car on a lift from below. Do you really need 65 pictures to fairly represent a car? I can't even begin to think of the number of duplicates that has to be the result of that number of images. And who has any interest in wading through 65 pictures? No thanks. Don't have the time for that kind of nonsense, nor do I see the benefit of it since any sensible buyer will pay for a good PPI which will supersede all this excess.
Strongly disagree. BaT peanut gallery is the ppi for most of those sales (except obviously for those very special cars). The more pictures posted, the better for the potential buyers. Definitely should be underneath shots too, and plenty of them from various angles. I am somewhat active on BaT; I have bid and bought there too. Did try to sell one car that was rejected (an 06 Mustang GT, modified - still surprised it was rejected). Your selling issue, which I have followed along here on rennlist, may be that you do not like to sell, and that translates to potential buyers. I have learned after buying and selling many cars over the years that a buyer is buying the seller as much as the car itself. If it is too much of a hassle to take and post a bunch of pictures on a website to potentially maximize your sale, then your decision to trade it eventually is the right one for you.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:48 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,701 Posts

Also have noticed many more cars on BAT being sold by Dealers. Used to be mostly private party sellers.

Quick Reply: Gotta Sell my 2009 911S PDK