Sponsored by:

Online insurance quote?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Online insurance quote?

I'm curious if anyone has actually ever gotten an online auto insurance quote or estimate. I have tried using several websites that supposedly provide quotes, but after asking about your cars and mileage, etc. they ask for your phone number and email address. So I bail. I just want an idea if I'm paying too much. I don't want salespeople calling trying to sell me insurance. My wife and I have 3 cars and between the two of us we drive a total of 15K miles per year, maximum.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:34 PM
Nick97
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never been able to get an online insurance quote. They always ask for personal information at the end to contact me later with a quote. So I end up just bailing like you.

If it helps, my situation is also 3 cars between my wife and I. We pay approx $1000 per vehicle per year with Farmers in California. We both have clean driving records.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:58 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

I shop around for insurance every other year and yes most of the quotes I received were online. Very few times did I speak to a person. I do not answer numbers I do not recognize so many of those ones who wanted to talk to me between 9-5 never did. Hello I am at work. Anyway if you fill out the online places they will be calling and emailing for about 2 months. Then the calls and emails go away.

These are the companies I either received quotes from or received them from:

Insurance

-Www.PCA.lelandwest.com

-Www.Hagerty.com

Allstate

Nationwide

State Farm

Farmers

Liberty Mutual

Travelers

Pure

Erie insurance

Chubb

Ace

Elephant

American family-

Safeco

AAA

Allied

Texas farm bureau

Progressive

Insurify

General
Oh yea Geico was the cheapest for our 3 cars and 3 drivers. One being a teenage. Prices were all over the board.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:02 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Do you bundle home and vehicle and even life insurance? I get alot of rebates for bundling and longevity. They say you should check rates every year or two to see if you can save any significant ammount. I'm too lazy for that and have used USAA all my life. I could probably save a couple dollars elsewhere, but customer service has always been great.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:14 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

I do bundle home and auto... currently with Allstate. Too old for life insurance.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Look into a Grundy MVP Policy. They offer agreed value coverage on all your cars, even sports cars and daily drivers so that in the event of a total loss and for calculations that determine a total loss, you are both working from the same number, which is the Agreed part. Their coverage limits were higher and prices were not much, if any, higher, than what I was paying to Hagerty for my specialty cars and to Travelers for my regular cars. All are bundled together into the same Multi-Vehicle Policy (MVP) now. The 1 of 1 widebody Cayenne Turbo S, 1 of 5 RUF R-Kompressor, and 1 of 50 928 Convertible are all covered into 6 figures in case some moron texting on his phone takes one of them out. I had to leave Hagerty when they wouldn't add the Cayenne once the build was completed because it was too new (2009) and an SUV. Grundy agreed to take the Cayenne if I moved all the other cars to an MVP policy with them, so that's what I did. Even my wife's 997 C2S with custom paint, but 100k miles is covered at $50k since that's what it would take to buy another one and then get it to look like hers does again. The Grundy MVP polices are underwritten by the AIG insurance company.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Online insurance quote?