Sponsored by:

Dsc module best price

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Dsc module best price

Are there any discounts for Rennlist members for the Dsc module? Anyone know who has best price?
Old 05-07-2019, 03:33 PM
pburt03
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I ordered one a few weeks ago directly from DSC. They didn't offer any RL discounts. I didn't really shop around to see if there were less expensive options than the $1,190 they charge.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

What was your experience ? Ever since i put on the eibachs i think it’s a bit “floaty”, wondering if it will clear that up
Old 05-07-2019, 03:57 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Redhot2474
What was your experience ? Ever since i put on the eibachs i think it’s a bit “floaty”, wondering if it will clear that up
Did you have your car aligned after the install? What are your current alignment specs?
Old 05-07-2019, 04:07 PM
pburt03
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been quite happy with it. I've struggled a bit with the right way to describe it but have landed on it feeling more "civil" or "compliant" during normal daily driving/commuting. That's not to say it's in any way soft, just navigates the terrain (rough stretches of I-5) more like you'd expect from a small sports car. It feels very well planted in more spirited driving as well. I've got a limited sample size but I think it's most definitely worth the investment. It's also something that isn't going to have wear and tear so you can offload it at anytime if you decide it's not for you. Just my $0.02.

I know there are plenty of others here that have a much greater depth of experience with DSC. I read through many of the threads on the topic before pulling the trigger - lot of good info on it.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:12 PM
RichBunch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what car you're looking to install this on, but I'm working on a post to part out my sold 997.2 GTS. The DSC controller is one of the items. I should have everything posted later today, but here's what i've typed for the DSC:

DSC Sport Controller, used, working condition, new $1190, asking $700 plus shipping

Please consult with DSC for your particular car’s compatibility. Controller came from a 997.2 GTS

https://www.dscsport.com/product/dsc-vplug-n-play/

Send me PM if you're interested

***didn’t mean to hijack this post but the OP already purchased the DSC controller**from me**, sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by RichBunch; 05-07-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:20 PM
BruceWarne
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll take it.
Sending pm.

Originally Posted by RichBunch
Not sure what car you're looking to install this on, but I'm working on a post to part out my sold 997.2 GTS. The DSC controller is one of the items. I should have everything posted later today, but here's what i've typed for the DSC:

DSC Sport Controller, used, working condition, new $1190, asking $700 plus shipping

Please consult with DSC for your particular car’s compatibility. Controller came from a 997.2 GTS

https://www.dscsport.com/product/dsc-vplug-n-play/

Send me PM if you're interested

***didn’t mean to hijack this post but the OP already purchased the DSC controller, sorry for any inconvenience.

Trending Topics

Old 05-07-2019, 10:31 PM
BruceWarne
Advanced

PM and PayPal detail sent.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:38 PM
RichBunch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for all the confusion I’ve caused. The original poster purchased my DSC controller. I didn’t get back to my post to edit it quickly enough. Again, sorry for any confusion
Old 05-07-2019, 10:43 PM
BruceWarne
Advanced

Great deal.
Your post was pretty clear, I just didn't read it all the way through 😀
Ta
Old 05-08-2019, 09:43 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

I get the desire for a good price..... but.... don't let this stop you from buying... this thing is worth it.

Regarding floaty or whatever with whatever springs.... you can adjust the unit. You can change how the shocks work with whatever springs you buy. The guys at DSC give great support.

I felt the "normal" setting was a bit too floaty with stock springs/shocks... but that is just me. I keep the thing on SPORT all the time unless I am on a choppy road. But the great thing is you can tweak it yourself. I tweaked mine for high-speed highway.... I wanted it to get stiffer faster... as my speed increased over 60 (blue pill not recommended in fuel lines).

IMO, I feel this is the one "no brainer" mod for our cars. And can be undone in minutes and re-sold for little loss.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 05-08-2019, 09:53 AM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 270 Posts

When I had my new Michelin PS4S installed, I definitely felt the "floaty" feeling many folks have described. But, I interpreted the info differently. Because the ONLY thing that had changed from not having the feeling, to having the feeling, was the PS4S. So I dropped the pressure, and it really dialed the suspension back in. I would prefer to drop a bit more, but figure for MOST of the driving I do, the current settings and tire pressure is fine. The sport button, does transform the suspension tho, and as Bruce said, if you're on decent roads, you can keep it engaged and it rides great.

Cw
Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Redhot2474
Racer

Thanks for all the great info guys , I’m excited to try out - I should receive module on Friday

Quick Reply: Dsc module best price