997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member - Mismatching Wheel Offset Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019 | 11:23 PM
ehjun
Track Day

get a new widebody wheel. spacers are such a popular mod and youre half way there with the widebody wheels. plus you never have to worry about not being able to get your car serviced with the spacers.
Old 05-10-2019 | 12:48 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 8202632
Sell the 51. You can always add spacers to the 67s
IDK if this is appropriate but I agree with this...and...I also have 15mm spacers + bolts for sale, so you could feasibly do both in the sense that, get some 15mm spacers, run 1 until you get another NB wheel and then run the other one when you get the second NB wheel. The Turbo offsets don's actually fit right but the rule of thumb for rear NB wheels is 15mm spacer. I ran 15mm up front too BTW, just FYI. HMU if you want some barely used spacers but also, I recommend RSS regardless.
http://roadsportsupply.com/340-10-15...r-wheel-bolts/
EDIT: I run 305s rear, so I am assuming if 295s are what you have, the extra offset might not matter. Also, it is all opinion, and I agree that a proper fitting wheel is better but I just think WB offsets I have seen on NB cars always looks wrong, CHANGE MY MIND!! haha.

Last edited by jamesinger; 05-10-2019 at 12:52 AM. Reason: derp
Old 05-10-2019 | 01:43 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

An oem wb rear wheel on 305s is fine on a NB... it does look aggressive and flush.... but doesn’t visually look as though the wheels are Sticking out beyond the fender. An oem wb wheel in the back of a nb is only 1mm more then running a nb wheel with a 15mm spacer.

As for the fronts - the OP can’t run 15mm spacers on the front - the .1 turbo front wheels, like the .1 sport wheels or even a genuine .1 turbo II wheel (not the ones issues on the Carreras) are 8.5 inch +55 or +56. His front wheels would be 7mm beyond the fender if he were to run the +15mm spacer

Originally Posted by jamesinger
IDK if this is appropriate but I agree with this...and...I also have 15mm spacers + bolts for sale, so you could feasibly do both in the sense that, get some 15mm spacers, run 1 until you get another NB wheel and then run the other one when you get the second NB wheel. The Turbo offsets don's actually fit right but the rule of thumb for rear NB wheels is 15mm spacer. I ran 15mm up front too BTW, just FYI. HMU if you want some barely used spacers but also, I recommend RSS regardless.
http://roadsportsupply.com/340-10-15...r-wheel-bolts/
EDIT: I run 305s rear, so I am assuming if 295s are what you have, the extra offset might not matter. Also, it is all opinion, and I agree that a proper fitting wheel is better but I just think WB offsets I have seen on NB cars always looks wrong, CHANGE MY MIND!! haha.
Old 05-10-2019 | 02:53 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by myw
An oem wb rear wheel on 305s is fine on a NB... it does look aggressive and flush.... but doesn’t visually look as though the wheels are Sticking out beyond the fender. An oem wb wheel in the back of a nb is only 1mm more then running a nb wheel with a 15mm spacer.

As for the fronts - the OP can’t run 15mm spacers on the front - the .1 turbo front wheels, like the .1 sport wheels or even a genuine .1 turbo II wheel (not the ones issues on the Carreras) are 8.5 inch +55 or +56. His front wheels would be 7mm beyond the fender if he were to run the +15mm spacer
thanks for the correction. Definitely in for pics!!

Quick Reply: New Member - Mismatching Wheel Offset Issue