Removing PSE for Muffler Delete Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Formula_59
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing PSE for Muffler Delete Question

Hello Rennlisters,

I have a 2006 C2S with PSE. I am experiencing a rattling muffler so I have purchased a set of Muffler bypass/delete pipes. My question is, will removing the factory PSE system entirely cause a CEL, and/or disable Sport Mode?

Thank you
Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,724 Likes on 4,277 Posts

Won't do either of those things. Unplug the vacuum actuator in the engine compartment though so it doesn't wear out from trying to do its normal function with no benefit.

That car with no mufflers is going to be undriveable though - it will be "cool" for about 30 minutes and then you're going to want mufflers back.

FVD, Soul Performance, IPE, and Cargraphic all make upgraded aftermarket valves mufflers that will work with the PSE system to replace the factory failed ones. I replaced mine with Fabspeed versions, but they no longer make them for the 997.1 cars.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Formula_59
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Petza914 Thank you for the response and good point about the Vacuum Actuator. I am currently running a cat delete with PSE mufflers, so going back to stock cats and muffler delete shouldnt be much different in volume, based on videos ive watched. I guess Im the insane person that likes my weekend car extremely loud. Also, I went with the Soul Performance muffler deletes.

Quick Reply: Removing PSE for Muffler Delete Question