Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Turbo MT vs. 997.2 Turbo PDK

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 12:07 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts

Agreed, definitely want to use something to make sure the wheel does not chip the rotors. On 5 lug cars, 2 lug guide bolts works, on the center locks, the centerlock guiding tool works well, I think there is a guy on here that makes them.

My concern is not chipping a rotor when I am doing it, since I would take those precautions, but my concern would be someone at the dealer who does this day in and day out thinking they don't need to take the precautions and then chipping my rotor and me not noticing until I get home.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:27 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Agreed, definitely want to use something to make sure the wheel does not chip the rotors. On 5 lug cars, 2 lug guide bolts works, on the center locks, the centerlock guiding tool works well, I think there is a guy on here that makes them.

My concern is not chipping a rotor when I am doing it, since I would take those precautions, but my concern would be someone at the dealer who does this day in and day out thinking they don't need to take the precautions and then chipping my rotor and me not noticing until I get home.
Yep, and why I avoid anyone else removing my wheels but me whenever possible. I take them off and put them in the pickup to transport them to the tire shop when it's time for new tires. If it does have to go in, take photos of the rotors the day of the drop off - seems silly until that one time it's not.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:42 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Yep, and why I avoid anyone else removing my wheels but me whenever possible. I take them off and put them in the pickup to transport them to the tire shop when it's time for new tires. If it does have to go in, take photos of the rotors the day of the drop off - seems silly until that one time it's not.
Not at all. I'd way rather read and learn this than suffer from reality. Thanks again.

It's also not out of the realm of possibility that someone does a switcheroo with their chipped rotors for your pristine ones.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:48 AM
s85b50
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Thank you all for comprehensive replies.

I will let you know of my choice in the near future.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Turbo MT vs. 997.2 Turbo PDK