Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with car transportation

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 08:20 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,965 Likes on 2,937 Posts

Unfortunately dealing with shippers is a nightmare when it comes to damage/insurance.
They will try everything to avoid any sort of payment. They will blame you or dealer/etc where loaded.

Hopefully you have good detailed photos of those damaged areas PRIOR to it being loaded for shipping as proof that the car had no prior damage
----> VIP ---> Also, if the bill of lading was filled out properly, there is a section on it in which the driver notes any scratches/dings/dents - Look over the copy your wife signed to see what the driver noted as prior damage

Good Luck and keep us posted - Don't be surprised if you may need to hire attorney to settle the claim - If you had insurance on the car thru your personal insurance company there may possibly be remedy thru them IF the shipper denies your claim - I would start asking abou that and be prepared for some nasty negotiating.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:36 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

Amazing carelessness on the hauler monkey's part. Last month, I had the choice of shipping or driving 2000 miles and took the latter. Normally a 2000 mile drive in a Porsche sounds fun but due to time constraints I was driving 12 + hours a day and almost got caught in that great blizzard (Utah and Colorado) about a month ago. On top of all of those miles, it ended up being 3 days or driving leaving me cramped and sore when it was all done. I only had regrets about my choice to drive until seeing your photos. Now I feel I made the right decision.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,170 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Cotechia
the shipper was All American trucking and transport.
Ugh, that is who shipped my car from ATL to CLE. Luckily did not have any issues, but do not like seeing what is known as a higher end shipping company have these issues.

Best of luck with the resolution.

Quick Reply: Issue with car transportation