New 997.2 C2S 6MT owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 09:44 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MkC2S
sweet ride & congrats...That's a replica 997.1 GT3RS wing
I know that's what it's closest to but the style isn't quite the same, maybe it doesn't quite come across in the photos. I'll see if there's any interest.

Originally Posted by Grahf16
Damn, you practically stole the car at that price!
I know. The seller had re-list fatigue and I think I just got lucky and caught him at the right time. Factor in the flight, gas and lodging for the drive back, plus the rock chip/crack sustained on the drive (!@#%), the actual cost climbs a bit, but I still think I got a smokin' deal.

Originally Posted by mikes70
Congrats on a beauty. If you go to a duck tail, the Getty i bought didn't even need to be modded for a great fit. Great part. Good luck with upgrades, part of the fun!
Thanks! Can I ask you if you opted for their primer service and if you think it was worth it? Also, how much did you wind up spending to paint and color match it?
Old 04-02-2019, 12:01 AM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts

I kind of like the wing. Too bad they don't fit on the cab. There are several models that look very much like yours on EBay.

Last edited by Balr14; 04-02-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:42 AM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Balr14
I kind of like the wing. Too bad they don't fit on the cab. There are several models that look very much like yours on EBay.
Yeah I see one now. I guess I’ll wait and see if it grows on me. Would be great if I could get some money out of it to cover the duck though.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,701 Likes on 4,258 Posts

Welcome and nice find. Cool wheels - high quality too.

If you keep the wing, I think you need a GT3 front bumper to go with the more aggressive rear, or keep the front and change the rear. A GT3 front with a duck tail rear also looks very good.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:33 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
Welcome and nice find. Cool wheels - high quality too.

If you keep the wing, I think you need a GT3 front bumper to go with the more aggressive rear, or keep the front and change the rear. A GT3 front with a duck tail rear also looks very good.
I agree, but I prefer the understated look. The 911 is flashy enough on its own for me.

I removed the fan from the underside and was able to see that it says "Vorsteiner 997 Aero Wing" so I guess that's what it is. The wing and end plates are CF, and it looks like the scoops are CF as well but the rest of the Decklid is fiberglass. It's a shame it's not in better condition. Has a rock chip in the wing and there's a crack in the vent scoops. Also the clear coat on the CF is ever so slightly faded. Perhaps it can find a home on another car with a more aggressive front end though. I'll list it for sale once I get my duck.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,701 Likes on 4,258 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckgm3
I agree, but I prefer the understated look. The 911 is flashy enough on its own for me.

I removed the fan from the underside and was able to see that it says "Vorsteiner 997 Aero Wing" so I guess that's what it is. The wing and end plates are CF, and it looks like the scoops are CF as well but the rest of the Decklid is fiberglass. It's a shame it's not in better condition. Has a rock chip in the wing and there's a crack in the vent scoops. Also the clear coat on the CF is ever so slightly faded. Perhaps it can find a home on another car with a more aggressive front end though. I'll list it for sale once I get my duck.
The Vorsteiner stuff is pretty good quality. That wing would have been part of their V-GT kit for the 997.1.

We have the front and rear bumpers from that setup on my wife's car, but didn't want the wing as we went with the TT wing with active aero that she wanted. It should have some value in the marketplace, providing the defects on it aren't too bad.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:25 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd go with the duck tail, too. great car
Old 04-02-2019, 03:47 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
The Vorsteiner stuff is pretty good quality. That wing would have been part of their V-GT kit for the 997.1.

We have the front and rear bumpers from that setup on my wife's car, but didn't want the wing as we went with the TT wing with active aero that she wanted. It should have some value in the marketplace, providing the defects on it aren't too bad.
That is it! It looks like they don't make it anymore.

Here are the 2 defects.

Old 04-03-2019, 01:05 AM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckgm3
I know that's what it's closest to but the style isn't quite the same, maybe it doesn't quite come across in the photos. I'll see if there's any interest.

I know. The seller had re-list fatigue and I think I just got lucky and caught him at the right time. Factor in the flight, gas and lodging for the drive back, plus the rock chip/crack sustained on the drive (!@#%), the actual cost climbs a bit, but I still think I got a smokin' deal.

Thanks! Can I ask you if you opted for their primer service and if you think it was worth it? Also, how much did you wind up spending to paint and color match it?
I did do their primer service after i checked with my painter. He charged me 500 to shoot it, included the paint. He was painting my Camaro at the time as well. It takes alot of time to prep, paint, polish (as you may know). So, funny thing, i said "its Arctic Silver", he comes out with four Porsche sample chips all labled Arctic Silver. Had no idea it would be that big a bitch to match. Needless to say, he just got it spot on....
Old 04-03-2019, 10:03 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 359 Likes on 253 Posts

Congrats Chuck! Your 997.2 looks clean!

Let's see if we can do a duck tail group buy!
Old 04-04-2019, 03:15 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on a sweet car with a proper manual. Maybe I’m conservative, but my vote is a factory deck lid... a little more classic than race car.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:45 AM
php
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Grahf16
Damn, you practically stole the car at that price!
Yea I have to agree, that is a GREAT price for a 997.2 S car with low miles.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:34 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Originally Posted by php
Yea I have to agree, that is a GREAT price for a 997.2 S car with low miles.
Thanks, I know, I almost feel bad. But the delta between purchase and market value made it a MUCH easier sell with the wife so I don't feel THAT bad
Old 04-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 299 Posts

Very nice and nice buy. Why do the fenders look more "flared" toward the bottom for both front and back ? or is it me?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:06 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sporty
Very nice and nice buy. Why do the fenders look more "flared" toward the bottom for both front and back ? or is it me?
Thanks. I think that’s just the lighting. The sun was almost directly ahead when I took the photos so it highlights those fender curves more than usual.

Quick Reply: New 997.2 C2S 6MT owner