Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone has 997 H&R Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 07:31 PM
blakecam
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Before pic of my GTS with regular PASM, stock springs, and stock Spyder wheels. After pic with H&R springs and replacement wheels - OEM GT3 (front) / GT3RS (rear). It's amazing how much difference in appearance 1.25" will make. Also, the tucked in look of the stock GT Spyder wheel that sandwedge mentioned is easily visible as well. This was fixed with the more aggressive offsets of the GT3/GT3RS wheels as well as slightly larger tires.

I couldn't tell any difference in ride quality from stock, but that may have as much to do adding new tires as anything. Handling has definitely improved since adding the H&Rs.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Aclmin
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm sure it's been discussed in other threads, but for those of you with H&R and DSC - does the DSC mitigate the purported worsening of ride quality of the springs?
Old 04-02-2019, 09:04 PM
blakecam
Pro

Originally Posted by Aclmin
I'm sure it's been discussed in other threads, but for those of you with H&R and DSC - does the DSC mitigate the purported worsening of ride quality of the springs?
"Purported" being the key word here. I haven't noticed any difference in ride quality, so not sure how much difference a DSC controller would make for this purpose.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:33 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Considering the same. Installing Bilstein B6 Damptronics struts up front (one is leaking) so a good time to do it.
The H&R would let me keep PASM
Old 04-02-2019, 10:47 PM
RJ997.2
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed H&R springs from my 2010 S this past weekend. I was scraping too much for my liking in normal driving. The car does have a Techart front spoiler on it.
I did not find the ride quality poor with the springs. The car looked killer with that much drop.

I installed the stock sport pasm springs back on the car and it raised it approx. 3/4". I will add some pics when I have time to take them. Going to the dealer for alignment Saturday.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:10 PM
pilfer
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blakecam
Before pic of my GTS with regular PASM, stock springs, and stock Spyder wheels. After pic with H&R springs and replacement wheels - OEM GT3 (front) / GT3RS (rear). It's amazing how much difference in appearance 1.25" will make. Also, the tucked in look of the stock GT Spyder wheel that sandwedge mentioned is easily visible as well. This was fixed with the more aggressive offsets of the GT3/GT3RS wheels as well as slightly larger tires.

I couldn't tell any difference in ride quality from stock, but that may have as much to do adding new tires as anything. Handling has definitely improved since adding the H&Rs.

what size tires are you running? I have 245 in the front but couldn’t find 315’s except in sport cup 2’s.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:44 PM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Aclmin
I added DSC after putting on the Techart and the difference was not subtle. Much more comfortable in normal mode without being as bouncy, and firmer but still comfortable in sport mode while tightening up quickly when you would expect. I have to believe it would do the same with H&R. But if you’re scraping, it won’t do anything about that.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:11 AM
blakecam
Pro

Originally Posted by pilfer
what size tires are you running? I have 245 in the front but couldn’t find 315’s except in sport cup 2’s.
I'm running 245/35-19 in front and 325/30-19 in rear. Michelin PS 4S which I absolutely love.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:13 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,058 Likes on 742 Posts

Pure perfection imo. I knew the GT3 wheels has a more aggressive offset than the GTS setup but didn't realize it was that much of a difference. It's a side shot but they sure look flush to me. And who can argue with that drop. Also agree that the difference in ride quality between stock and H&R's is unnoticeable.

Well done sourcing a set of GT3 RS wheels. Plain 997 GT3 wheels would have looked the same up front but less successful on the rears since the 997 GT3 was a NB. I'll never understand why they didn't do the same offset treatment on the GTS as for the GT3's. It's a big difference and an expensive difference to fix if you have a GTS with CL wheels which most are.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:24 AM
pilfer
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm running 245/35-19 in front and 325/30-19 in rear. Michelin PS 4S which I absolutely love.
thank you, I think that will go a long way in improving the stance on my car. No issues with the different sizes??
Old 04-03-2019, 10:42 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

Florida H&R springs, and no road toronto H&R springs, are totally different.
24k of butt time, I don't know if I would do it again. As a four season car.
It bottomed out in road compression, and dragged in snow. I could not fit my cellphone on its side under the car.
Fantastic on the highway.
If your looking to mod your exhaust, I have a 997.2 set up in my garage? Two suit cases and a center.
And some 997.2 stock springs ....
Old 04-03-2019, 08:47 PM
blakecam
Pro

Originally Posted by pilfer
thank you, I think that will go a long way in improving the stance on my car. No issues with the different sizes??
No issues whatsoever. Everything is set up perfectly for my taste.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:55 PM
blakecam
Pro

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Pure perfection imo. I knew the GT3 wheels has a more aggressive offset than the GTS setup but didn't realize it was that much of a difference. It's a side shot but they sure look flush to me. And who can argue with that drop. Also agree that the difference in ride quality between stock and H&R's is unnoticeable.

Well done sourcing a set of GT3 RS wheels. Plain 997 GT3 wheels would have looked the same up front but less successful on the rears since the 997 GT3 was a NB. I'll never understand why they didn't do the same offset treatment on the GTS as for the GT3's. It's a big difference and an expensive difference to fix if you have a GTS with CL wheels which most are.
Thanks, sandwedge! Just trying to keep up with the perfection of your car! I also don't understand why Porsche didn't adjust the offset properly. Here is a pic that shows how the more aggressive offset makes them perfectly flush. One thing to note for GTS owners, the proper set up is wide body GT3RS wheels in the rear and narrow body standard GT3 wheels in the front. The GT3RS has a wider front track so the front wheels will have too aggressive of an offset for the GTS. Luckily I was able to source a mixed set from another RL member.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:09 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,058 Likes on 742 Posts

Thanks, sandwedge! Just trying to keep up with the perfection of your car! I also don't understand why Porsche didn't adjust the offset properly. Here is a pic that shows how the more aggressive offset makes them perfectly flush. One thing to note for GTS owners, the proper set up is wide body GT3RS wheels in the rear and narrow body standard GT3 wheels in the front. The GT3RS has a wider front track so the front wheels will have too aggressive of an offset for the GTS. Luckily I was able to source a mixed set from another RL member.
Good info. Didn't know that. Thought all 997's had the same front track, just different offsets for different models. Either way, your car looks killer. Can't believe you managed to find a set of GT3 fronts and a set of GT3 RS rears. What are the odds of that happening? Btw....as much as I like my Forgeline wheels I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the GT3 wheels you sourced. If I end up with another 997 GTS I would seriously look for a set like yours. But again, fat chance. I think you really lucked out here.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:22 PM
blakecam
Pro

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Good info. Didn't know that. Thought all 997's had the same front track, just different offsets for different models. Either way, your car looks killer. Can't believe you managed to find a set of GT3 fronts and a set of GT3 RS rears. What are the odds of that happening? Btw....as much as I like my Forgeline wheels I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the GT3 wheels you sourced. If I end up with another 997 GTS I would seriously look for a set like yours. But again, fat chance. I think you really lucked out here.
Yes, fortunate that a fellow GTS owner in this forum (MJTSUB) had these on his car and listed for sale after changing to a set of HRE wheels. Perfect timing as I had been looking for a set of GT3/GT3RS. MJTSUB has ended up being a great friend and a wealth of knowledge, and I have taken a lot of his advice. Nice to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge of Rennlist members.

Quick Reply: Anyone has 997 H&R Springs