Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homelink and Heated Seats not working (Dealer won't do Handover)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 03:01 AM
Grahf16
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Homelink and Heated Seats not working (Dealer won't do Handover)

Hello everybody. I purchased a 997.1 C2S last month, and the dealership I replaced the battery before the sale, and these switches don't work. The homelink lights turn on with the car lights, but the actual buttons don't work. I have read through forums stating that this will happen if the battery is ever replaced, and said to take the car to a Porsche dealership for a vehicle handover.

I took it into the Porsche dealership closest to me. They told me that resetting the module might cause some problems such as the electronics might go crazy, and fry my instrument cluster. He suggested just living without those features, or purchasing a front control unit on the case that MIGHT work. I know I can honestly live without these features, but since I just got the car, I know it is going to bother me, that I am locked out of some features in my car.

Has anybody ever had a similar issue, and if so, what was your solution? I hope to hear from you guys.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:13 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 806 Likes on 453 Posts

I would say never go to that dealer again. Either go to a better dealer or a solid indie. Either should be able to do a handover no problem. It really is NBD.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:18 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Grahf16
...what was your solution?
Find another dealer! Also, let us know who the dealer is so others can avoid.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:54 AM
JABowders
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I have spent over 6 hours trying to get my Homelink to work ... still no luck.

Heated seats, ... first thing is check the fuse/circuit breaking then look under the seat and make sure they are plugged in.

I can speculate why the past dealer won't/doesn't want to work on it, but it is just speculation. How did it go, sorted yet?
Old 03-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Speedvagen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have a newer Liftmaster garage door? If so, your Homelink may not be compatible. You would need to buy the Liftmaster 855lm homelink compatibility bridge. Once I plugged that into my garage, I could program the homelink in my 997 to open my garage door.

Originally Posted by JABowders
I have spent over 6 hours trying to get my Homelink to work ... still no luck.

Heated seats, ... first thing is check the fuse/circuit breaking then look under the seat and make sure they are plugged in.

I can speculate why the past dealer won't/doesn't want to work on it, but it is just speculation. How did it go, sorted yet?
Old 03-25-2019, 03:26 PM
Tsilnner
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As for the heated seats, if they look plugged in, unplug them and reattach. A member suggested that to me years back in it worked.
The connection is prone to disconnect if hit while vacuuming the carpets.

Quick Reply: Homelink and Heated Seats not working (Dealer won't do Handover)