Sponsored by:

Audi Battery Part number for 997

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019 | 05:54 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Default Audi Battery Part number for 997

Hi,

I know for sure some Audi/VW OEM batteries are exactly the same as 997 OEM battery at a fraction of the price! I am now looking for part number of ones (and the biggest/highest crank) ones that fit. Anyone's done that and knows a part number?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2019 | 06:10 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

I think THIS is the part number. 000-915-105-DH-DSP - anyone else?
Old 03-11-2019 | 08:55 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Here you go:
https://rennlist.com/how-tos/a/porsc...-to-use-376529

Audi OEM

Part Name – Audi A4 OEM

Weight – 59 lbs

CCA – 740-800 depending on model

Price – $120+

Warranty – N/A
The budget OEM solution is the original battery from an Audi A4. It happens to be the same unit as the 997 battery, without the Porsche logo and associated markup. If OEM quality is your shtick, but the over-priced Porsche battery isn't your fancy, then this is your winner. Recommended for those who want the budget OEM battery solution.
Old 03-11-2019 | 10:10 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I’ve seen that page but there’s no part number.
Old 03-19-2019 | 07:25 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

For anyone wondering. The part number is 000-915-105-DH. It’s both a VW and Audi part. Sells for $143 USD or lower.

Its a perfect fit, same or better capacity than original Porsche, even has exact vent placement as the OEM battery.

Just put one in, works great. Hard part was yanking it out! It’s super hard to get a good grip as you have frunk in the middle.
Old 03-19-2019 | 08:10 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Thanks for sharing the information
Old 03-19-2019 | 08:22 PM
systech
Instructor

Downunder the Audi battery is probably just as crazy a price as the OEM Porsche unit, so we often use the Bosch S5 which is actually a better battery anyway
Old 03-20-2019 | 06:56 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Not wanting to start a battery discussion but if you search, you will find several better options for batteries. Interstate, etc.
Old 03-20-2019 | 02:49 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Not wanting to start a battery discussion but if you search, you will find several better options for batteries. Interstate, etc.
I wanted OEM, or at least OEM look, feel and fitment and also price was a bargain. Nothing to lose. My last battery of exact same model lasted 7 years and that was long periods of no use which kills battery.
Old 03-20-2019 | 04:04 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

I get my batteries at Walmart. I just make sure it is not that old and I charge it up before installing it.
Old 03-20-2019 | 04:17 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by alexb76
Hi,

I know for sure some Audi/VW OEM batteries are exactly the same as 997 OEM battery at a fraction of the price! I am now looking for part number of ones (and the biggest/highest crank) ones that fit. Anyone's done that and knows a part number?

Thanks
As an FYI.... those Audi and Porsche Part #s are just a way of tracking a battery they sell... but in fact they are the exact same battery size as used within MANY different cars and are standardized and available anywhere. The Porsche, Audi, BMW etc... all put confusing Serial numbers and such on the battery, but it is in fact a generic standardized size available to all, and at anyplace from AutoZone to Walmart. I personally think Interstate is the best brand for a Lead/Acid battery. Another fact is there are only about 4 companies that really make all the Lead/Acid batteries you find... and they are ALL just relabled for the particular manufacturer, or Brand... with some minor variations in the quality of the lead and build quality. So a Bosche is really no better than an Interstate or whatever. Even the Walmart brand is good... its the same thing made by Johnson Controls as the AutoZone.

Now to take that a step further... you can actually fit 2 to 3 sizes in most ANY of your 911 Varients. They are the H6 which is also called a Group48, The H7 which is called a Group94r, and the H8 being the Group49. So it seems confusing with all those numbers but its basically 3 sizes to fit ALL Porsches, Audis, VWs, BMWs etc.... And with the Porsche 95% of the battery trays will fit ANY of the 3 batteries I mention... you only move the mounting bracket over to the next smaller or larger threaded hole for the mounting bracket to fit the battery you have. So as you go up in size you just get more Amp Hours which mean also a little more cranking power. But other than that they all fit, and they are ALL the same HIEGHT, and WIDTH with only the LENGTH being the variable.
Old 03-20-2019 | 04:35 PM
Mike5070
Instructor

Very interesting! Thanks for the info.
Old 03-22-2019 | 05:28 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
As an FYI.... those Audi and Porsche Part #s are just a way of tracking a battery they sell... but in fact they are the exact same battery size as used within MANY different cars and are standardized and available anywhere. The Porsche, Audi, BMW etc... all put confusing Serial numbers and such on the battery, but it is in fact a generic standardized size available to all, and at anyplace from AutoZone to Walmart. I personally think Interstate is the best brand for a Lead/Acid battery. Another fact is there are only about 4 companies that really make all the Lead/Acid batteries you find... and they are ALL just relabled for the particular manufacturer, or Brand... with some minor variations in the quality of the lead and build quality. So a Bosche is really no better than an Interstate or whatever. Even the Walmart brand is good... its the same thing made by Johnson Controls as the AutoZone.

Now to take that a step further... you can actually fit 2 to 3 sizes in most ANY of your 911 Varients. They are the H6 which is also called a Group48, The H7 which is called a Group94r, and the H8 being the Group49. So it seems confusing with all those numbers but its basically 3 sizes to fit ALL Porsches, Audis, VWs, BMWs etc.... And with the Porsche 95% of the battery trays will fit ANY of the 3 batteries I mention... you only move the mounting bracket over to the next smaller or larger threaded hole for the mounting bracket to fit the battery you have. So as you go up in size you just get more Amp Hours which mean also a little more cranking power. But other than that they all fit, and they are ALL the same HIEGHT, and WIDTH with only the LENGTH being the variable.
+1
Old 03-25-2019 | 09:43 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity

Thanks for info, I NEVER trusted anything I bought from Walmart, and at least I know OEM battery has been verified, and I simply HATE seeing those orange/red batteries with big logos inside the Porsche frunk... but I won't be paying stealership prices for Porsche brand battery, $125 for this battery was a steal! Glad other types fit too, wish I knew earlier to get a larger one, but this one lasted 7yrs, so hopefully I am OK.
Old 03-25-2019 | 11:10 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alexb76
Just put one in, works great. Hard part was yanking it out! It’s super hard to get a good grip as you have frunk in the middle.
If you're ever faced with a replacement again, put a towel on the floor of the trunk and step into the trunk with the battery - that method is a real back saver.

Quick Reply: Audi Battery Part number for 997