Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any Ducktail pics and info?

 
Old 03-23-2019, 02:28 PM
  #1  
roman944
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
roman944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any Ducktail pics and info?

show off your "ducktail" but I'd also like to know ease if install and name/brand or a link

thanks!
roman944 is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:56 PM
  #2  
csmab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
csmab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 525
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I have the Getty Design sport duck tail. Pretty much a carbon copy of the 997 Sport Classic duck.






csmab is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:58 PM
  #3  
csmab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
csmab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 525
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default




csmab is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Gmanscott (07-15-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 02:57 AM
  #4  
systech
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying ducktail



I have the flying ducktail out of Taiwan. It a carbon fibre, well made and is supplied with the early 911 style grill and brake light. It replaces the existing wing so I have disabled the lift using the Foxwell NT510/520 diagnostic/ coding tool. Very happy with it. For purchase best to befriend Steve Chou the owner in Facebook and use Messenger as I found communicating via their website poor to non existent
systech is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 12:11 PM
  #5  
mjdcolo
User
 
mjdcolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by csmab View Post
I have the Getty Design sport duck tail. Pretty much a carbon copy of the 997 Sport Classic duck.






Hey csmab, I’m assuming you have to disable the wing lifting at speed?
mjdcolo is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 12:48 PM
  #6  
mujeriega
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 181
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by systech View Post


I have the flying ducktail out of Taiwan. It a carbon fibre, well made and is supplied with the early 911 style grill and brake light. It replaces the existing wing so I have disabled the lift using the Foxwell NT510/520 diagnostic/ coding tool. Very happy with it. For purchase best to befriend Steve Chou the owner in Facebook and use Messenger as I found communicating via their website poor to non existent
Isn't the whole point of this ducktail that it can continue to be used without having to disable the active aero? Have you tried it lifted at speed?
mujeriega is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 02:21 PM
  #7  
997_4me
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
997_4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by systech View Post


I have the flying ducktail out of Taiwan. It a carbon fibre, well made and is supplied with the early 911 style grill and brake light. It replaces the existing wing so I have disabled the lift using the Foxwell NT510/520 diagnostic/ coding tool. Very happy with it. For purchase best to befriend Steve Chou the owner in Facebook and use Messenger as I found communicating via their website poor to non existent
Nice! I have the same wing and love it. I did not disabled the wing so mine deploys just like the oem wing.
997_4me is offline  
The following users liked this post:
FF273 (06-22-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 02:31 PM
  #8  
shyamvenky
User
 
shyamvenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 594
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by csmab View Post
.....
So you didn't do any front aero to compensate for the wing? No issues on the highways?
I'm planning to do the Getty ducktail, but want to know if it's ok for street driving without a front splitter.
shyamvenky is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 02:35 PM
  #9  
Fined
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Fined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 1,295
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

How about some pics of the underside. Never seem to get to see that on these, and with the ducting. Would be interested in someones 997.2 ducktail setup from underneath too.
Fined is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 05:38 PM
  #10  
mujeriega
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 181
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fined View Post
How about some pics of the underside. Never seem to get to see that on these, and with the ducting. Would be interested in someones 997.2 ducktail setup from underneath too.
+1
mujeriega is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 05:58 PM
  #11  
roman944
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
roman944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

@csmab I really like that one
roman944 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 06:26 PM
  #12  
pburt03
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
pburt03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 117
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 997_4me View Post
Nice! I have the same wing and love it. I did not disabled the wing so mine deploys just like the oem wing.
Interesting...can you snap a pic of the tail when it's deployed? You can still do that manually, yeah?
pburt03 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 07:05 PM
  #13  
997_4me
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
997_4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by pburt03 View Post
Interesting...can you snap a pic of the tail when it's deployed? You can still do that manually, yeah?
I'll see if I can upload some later tonight. There are a few pics available in this forum or you can do a quick google search.

Last edited by 997_4me; 03-25-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: adding more info
997_4me is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 11:17 PM
  #14  
csmab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
csmab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 525
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by shyamvenky View Post
So you didn't do any front aero to compensate for the wing? No issues on the highways?
I'm planning to do the Getty ducktail, but want to know if it's ok for street driving without a front splitter.
No issues with stability. I’m sure if you are pushing past 140ish perhaps you might notice something. However, the original decklid was deployed at above 75 with no front spoiler. Not sure there is a huge amount of additional downforce with the duck compared to the stock decklid. Maybe some but probably negligible unless you are on the Autobahn running flat out.
csmab is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 11:21 PM
  #15  
csmab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
csmab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 525
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by mjdcolo View Post


Hey csmab, I’m assuming you have to disable the wing lifting at speed?
Correct. You disable the active decklid spoiler and program the computer that you have installed a fixed rear spoiler so you don’t get a warning light at 75mph.
csmab is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: