Sponsored by:

Help with fault while swapping to sport wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 01:49 AM
Aeromat209
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with fault while swapping to sport wheel

I swapped out my stock thumb paddle Steering wheel on my 997.2 PDK for a Sport wheel with Paddle shifters and got this Fault Pasm error . Then it said initializing Pasm and the Past light came on the dash.
I then tried scrolling through the dash computer stalk and no joy. I then pressed the sport mode button on my dash and got sport mode error . I do have Sport chrono Plus but that button creates an error too.
I then reinstalled the original wheel and the Pasm error is still there . I am hoping I just have to get the faults cleared by the dealer .?? I do have the ICARsoft PORV2.0 but have not yet tried to clear things with it .

Any help is appreciated before I take it in .
Old 03-08-2019, 09:23 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 331 Posts

When you reconnect the battery, you’ll see some errors which require driving a bit to clear up. Try that first. See the following for more info.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...y-install.html

Karl.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:36 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Yes drive around. When I swapped out my wheel I had to drive it around to clear some of the errors. Hopefully you disconnected the battery when you did the swap.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,763 Likes on 4,303 Posts

If you disconnected the battery when swapping the wheel, any of those error messages will clear on their own very soon once you're driving. If you didn't disconnect the battery and have an airbag warning, that will require a dealer or reset tool to clear.

Put the new wheel back on, reconnect the battery, and drive it.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Aeromat209
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the kind help!!
I watched the youtube vids on this procedure so I followed protocol of disconnecting the battery first . The vid showed disconnecting the Negative cable but I took off the Positive one .
The videos said you would get an error message on the Airbag and not the ones I got so I thought Oh crap the used wheel I bought might be causing the faults I was not prepared for !
Once I reinstalled the new wheel and getting the response from you guys ,I took the car for a short drive and in 20 yards the faults went away justice you guys said !!!

I did not have to recalibrate the windows as one guy suggested , but good to know that might be needed to be done !
Old 03-08-2019, 04:35 PM
jll1011
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Glad this worked out well for you. I could not have done the wheel swap without the help of those on this forum. Because others took the time to document (and video) the process, it was flawless for me. It remains my favorite upgrade to the car.

Quick Reply: Help with fault while swapping to sport wheel