Old 02-16-2019, 12:50 PM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PSE Tip and disable connector

connector behind air-box

orange plug
two questions please:

1) tried to find an orange colored connector in the engine bay but only thing that resembles this is behind my airbox....is this the connector (circled in RED) I un-plug to disable the vacuum solenoid so my PSE is on full-time?

2) I took out the 13mm bolt holding the exhaust tips, but they won't pull/come out. is there another hidden screw/clamp I need to loosen? trying to take some measurements to see if a 991.1 dual exhaust tip works here. thank you
Old 02-16-2019, 02:28 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,701 Posts

Yes that is the solenoid for the PSE - All you do is remove the vacuum line and plug the end of the line as well as connection into solenoid.
My PSE was disconnected by previous owner and there is a special small plug you can buy to cover vacuum line as shown in photo marked with red arrow

Old 02-16-2019, 06:39 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Others have said to just unplug the electrical connector instead of vacuum tube. Either way works I assume, correct? Any advantage to either method? Thanks. I need to do same thing because I like the sound better with PSE activated but having sport chrono on with it is very annoying with the throttle changes with daily driving.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:32 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,170 Likes on 3,934 Posts

Just unplug the connector. Then you won't wear out the vacuum solenoid while you're not using it. Looking at dyno graphs, we've recently established that the car actually makes a little more low end torque with PSE functioning the way Porsche designed it. Closed at low RPMs and open at high RPMs, but it may not be enough to matter.

That one bolt is all - loosen, wiggle, and pull.

Quick Reply: PSE Tip and disable connector