Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshiled/Headlight Washer(s)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019 | 06:51 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Default Windshiled/Headlight Washer(s)

The windshield washer pump on my 2009 C2 seems to have failed. I believe that the last time I used may have been about 2 months ago but now nothing and I don't even hear the pump working.

Since I'm going to go through the trouble of troubleshooting/replacing the pump I think it best that based on age and low cost it should be changed anyway. However and after reading some posts, I've come away with the impression that there are two pumps. One for the windshield and one for the headlights, right??

I see in the schematics the P/N for the windshield as 997-628-182-00 but can't find the number for the headlight. So is it the same P/N or is there really only one? If there's two, can someone give the number for the headlight washer pump if different from the windshield one?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.
Old 01-29-2019 | 08:51 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

2009 C2S 130K miles

Are you sure it is not working? I thought the same until I read my manual. It plays dead unless one of certain conditions are true. I am not sure why it is designed like this, but it is.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 01-29-2019 | 09:19 PM
swingwing
Pro

I thought mine was not working either - until I discovered the headlights have to be on. Turn yours on, activate the headlight washer button and listen for the pump motor to come on.
Old 01-30-2019 | 08:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
. l am not sure why it is designed like this, but it is.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Probably because there's no point in wasting the fluid and messing up the front of the car to clean the headlights, if you're not actually using the headlights.

Quick Reply: Windshiled/Headlight Washer(s)