Sponsored by:

C4S Totalled??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by I am the Walrus

“Drivers side wheel is a good 30 degrees pushed in, suspension also pushed in - can't tell how bad.”
Yes, I missed that!
Old 01-28-2019, 06:15 PM
Bomar Shelby
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry for the grief, hoping it might not be that bad. Keep us posted
Old 01-28-2019, 06:39 PM
Aeromat209
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car accident

Originally Posted by Bomar Shelby
Sorry for the grief, hoping it might not be that bad. Keep us posted
So sorry for your Loss . Glad no one was physically hurt!
Old 01-29-2019, 01:33 AM
Chicane5
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big thanks to all for the positive vibes - it was a looong weekend but after several nights of solid sleep, a few stiff vodka tonics here and there, I had more or less come to terms with it all, buoyed by the comments here that it might not be so bad.

Well - I got a call from the assessor this afternoon and you guys nailed it. $8000 estimate and 3.5 to 4 weeks in the shop and she'll be back on the road. I went up to the collision shop and walked through the damage with the shop owner, confident they'll do a good job.

In answer to one of the questions re: the slime seeping out the driver's door - that is none other than a (full) vegan vanilla milkshake that got thrown everywhere in the smack - I had been driving my buddy to lunch since he couldn't eat the BBQ lunch our work was doing that day

So my next question - anyone have a good interior detailer in the LA area?! There is sweet, sticky yellow crap that needs got rid of

Attached is a pic of the LCA I was able to get today that I couldn't get on Friday.
Thanks again all!

ouch
Old 01-29-2019, 01:48 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Be sure and get a loss of value claim from the insurance company. $5k minimum will be the hit to you when you re-sell the car, unless you drive it till the wheels fall off!
Old 01-29-2019, 04:50 AM
DaBigBR
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree - diminished value is worth pursuing.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:43 PM
evo9
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Terrible! Initial photo's leads me to think it's definitely fixable.

Good luck with it, and let us know how you make out...

W
Old 01-29-2019, 02:51 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 531 Posts

Cleaning the interior should be part of the repair process and covered by the insurance policy.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:29 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,473 Likes on 2,728 Posts

Make sure you get a nice rental car during this process - Insist on a high end driver while you are waiting for your car back
Old 01-30-2019, 01:34 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW, in California you have a choice of the repair shop. Getting it repaired at a Porsche approved facility is a must. Call around to Rusnak and Auto Gallery for detail recommends. You also have th right to a 'like' rental. The crappy part of the deal is the turd who hit you is most likely carrying state minimums IE $15k. Hopefully their insurance will max out before your insurance kicks in.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:29 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,230 Likes on 3,971 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbaker
FWIW, in California you have a choice of the repair shop. Getting it repaired at a Porsche approved facility is a must. Call around to Rusnak and Auto Gallery for detail recommends. You also have th right to a 'like' rental. The crappy part of the deal is the turd who hit you is most likely carrying state minimums IE $15k. Hopefully their insurance will max out before your insurance kicks in.
Always go through your own insurance company and let them recover the full amount from the other person's insurance company. When it's not your fault, your insurance company's goal is to keep you, their customer happy. The other guy's insurance company's goal is to get out of the repair for the least amount of money possible.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:08 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Always go through your own insurance company and let them recover the full amount from the other person's insurance company. When it's not your fault, your insurance company's goal is to keep you, their customer happy. The other guy's insurance company's goal is to get out of the repair for the least amount of money possible.
Can we agree you stop changing your avatar pic? I keep getting confused hahahahaha

Agreed on all counts. We pay our insurance company to do a job.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:16 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,230 Likes on 3,971 Posts

Can we agree you stop changing your avatar pic? I keep getting confused hahahahaha

Agreed on all counts. We pay our insurance company to do a job.
Just look at it as an avatar sideshow
Old 01-31-2019, 11:31 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

I concur. I keep seeing his new avatar and immediately think, "Who is this newb who thinks he knows everything?"

Then I see it's Petza and I have to re-read the post so I can take it seriously.

I leave my avatar alone. That way, when people see it, they immediately know, "Oh, great, this A-hole again."
Old 01-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
I concur. I keep seeing his new avatar and immediately think, "Who is this newb who thinks he knows everything?"

Then I see it's Petza and I have to re-read the post so I can take it seriously.

I leave my avatar alone. That way, when people see it, they immediately know, "Oh, great, this A-hole again."
That’s what happens when you have more P cars than screen names . . . or days of the week.

Quick Reply: C4S Totalled??