Sponsored by:

Bovee bluetooth problems 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 04:04 PM
422flatsix
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Bovee bluetooth problems 997.2

I ordered a Porsche 30-pin iPod connector cable and a Bovee 1000 (previously tune2air 1000) based on a lot of positive feedback in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ution-new.html

I plugged everything in and paired my phone to the Bovee only (disconnected from PCM bluetooth) and played music from my phone. I can't hear anything unless I turn the volume WAYYY up on the PCM, and then it sounds like it's down in a barrel and I'm only getting what sounds like half the sound, sort of like when your headphones aren't plugged in all the way and it sounds terrible.
  • I tried adjusting the volume on the phone which didn't help.
  • I unplugged and plugged everything several times, and re-paired the bluetooth several times, nothing changed.
  • I returned the Bovee and ordered another one, same problem.
  • I've tried an iPhone 6 and an iPhone XS, same problem.
Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?
What should I do? Order another 30 pin iPod cable from Porsche in case the one I have is bad? Start taking the console and dash apart to unplug and re-plug all the in-car wiring connectors from the iPod jack to the PCM?
Old 05-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Nick97
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this same issue. As identified in other threads, for some strange reason you need to transfer or download at least one track to your iOS device's native music app for the Bovee to work properly. It's a strange quirk that fixed this problem for me.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:57 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick97
I had this same issue. As identified in other threads, for some strange reason you need to transfer or download at least one track to your iOS device's native music app for the Bovee to work properly. It's a strange quirk that fixed this problem for me.
Yep what he said. I figured it out last year and I still only have 1 song in my iTunes account. Gotta love Ed Sheeran.
The following users liked this post:
Jhagen51155 (05-16-2022)
Old 05-07-2019, 02:00 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

It's a finicky device. Is the OP using the Y cable with the USB power connector? If not, you probably need that cable.

In my case pairing is never an issue but more often than not the PCM cannot find the iPod/iPhone. The fix is to remove the device from the iPhone BT list and pair it anew. And yes, you need to raise the iPhone output volume to max.

Quick Reply: Bovee bluetooth problems 997.2