Sponsored by:

Stay Away from Sand Biege?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 09:58 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
So what we've proven in this thread is that people prefer different interior colors for various reasons. Of course, Porsche already knew that, which is why they offer all these interior colors - browns, blues, reds, blacks, greys, beiges, etc. and in additional a whole slew of trim options to go with those colors (carbon fiber, aluminum look, actual aluminum, light and dark wood trims, etc. That's one of the great things about Porsches - you can make them look exactly the way you want them to, either from the the factory, Exclusive Option, or from the aftermarket.
Interior color is as subjective as exterior, sure, but plenty of people would get a different color under ideal circumstances. It is unfortunate that dealers chose most cars in one of 3 interior colors and about the same exterior colors. Dealers have to choose generic. If you're on the used market you have 95% chance to get black, gray or beige interior. Not too many PTS choices or cars with red or terracotta interior if that's your thing. I couldn't be paid to have a light gray interior whereas others love it. Nothing wrong with having other people reaffirm a color choice you're not sure about and point out possible issues down the line.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:05 PM
lisnter
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z
Mine is 14 years old, 74K mi, DD until recently. Constant touchups with paint from Home Depot, just today redyed bolster (much better than the “pro” did it 8 years ago if I do say so myself). Got fed up with the shifter, e brake, wheel, ignition and headlight switch rosettes and replaced with black. Black mats also. I use a microfiber seat armor slipcover to keep the blue from my jeans from rubbing off. I love the color but not the upkeep. Maybe if I only drove it on weekends a few months a year. I will never get anything but black interior again.

<deleted pictures - but recall the black floor mats>

My 997.1 had black floor mats with the Sand Beige. At first I thought it was silly but I have come to appreciate that particular bit of wisdom. My 997.2 has the expected matching Sand Beige floor mats which will be changed soon.

T.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,701 Likes on 4,258 Posts

When looking for my ideal 997, I really wanted a cocoa interior - so dark and rich looking, but they were super rare. Actually the car I fell in love with was a GT Silver RUF R-Kompressor (like mine) but with a cocoa interior. That car is actually in Chile now.

In hindsight, I'm really happy I found one with a black full leather interior as I did a number of interior updates and changes and black stuff is so much easier to source - for example, I don't think I've ever seen a pair of full power adaptive seats in cocoa come up for sale in the used marketplace, which is one of the things I changed.

So, for anyone into modding or doing interior upgrades, black is the easiest to find parts for.

Here's that car. I have the interior pics of it somewhere.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:53 PM
halsyknox
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my first 997 had sand beige and I loved it, no problems with wear and I had it for 6 years. My current car has natural brown and I love it even more. I hate black interiors, boring. You spend all your time on the inside of the car, I want to see something visually stimulating and black isn't it. But it seems 99% of 997 have black interior.

Quick Reply: Stay Away from Sand Biege?