Sponsored by:

NEW BUYER? SPECS/THOUGHTS/PLANS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:49 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Keep looking. Between the accidents, mismatched paint, poor interior I would keep looking.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:07 PM
FLYING BONES
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Flying Bones,that is a cool car with some neat features - those are the excellent full power adaptive seats, has the PCCBs, SC, a number of normally black painted body panels done in body color as an option by Porsche, and I like the 2 tone interior as well. Also looks to have a mechanical limited slip locking rear differential, which I think is not a standard feature on Turbos and very cool, vs just the traction control functionality that uses wheel braking (I could be wong and it's on all Turbos).

With the white exterior and black & grey interior, you have the whole monochrome spectrum covered It's a bit tough to tell in the photos, but look carefully at the front of the hood to bumper to fender gaps and make sure they're even and level. On the angle of the photos, I can't tell if the passenger side is a little larger than the driver's side or not. All the other body gaps look good.

On the PCCBs, you need to look very carefully at both sides of the rotors for any type of darker areas (delamination of the ceramic) and for any chips in the rotor edges, which happens when service people don't use the required dual guide pins for wheel removal, and just one one, then the wheel rotates and contacts the carbon rotor. Replacement PCCB Rotors are $4k-$5k each. If today is just a once over and test drive and you'll have a full PPI done if things look good, then the dealership should carefully inspect the PCCBs as part of that.

Good luck and let us know how today goes.

Pete
Just curious if you got a chance to look at my evaluation notes, Pete? Still hunting, but still considering the more loaded, higher mileage of the 2 911 Turbos as described in my notes above.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:24 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYING BONES
Just curious if you got a chance to look at my evaluation notes, Pete? Still hunting, but still considering the more loaded, higher mileage of the 2 911 Turbos as described in my notes above.
I looked at them and it seems like both had some issues. Am I correct that the one you're considering is the one with poor bumper paint and a front bumper alignment issue? Have you seen the interior of that one in person as it looks like it has a lot of painted aluminum look trim. My wife's car came with that and we swapped it out for dark wood that she wanted since it wasn't to either of our taste, but that was in a black interior and it may look different in a grey interior. Here are some really old pictures of when I was selling off the silver stuff so you can see what it looks like - https://porsche997interiortrim.shutterfly.com/pictures

One question on the higher mileage one is the tune, as I'm not familiar with Markski as a tuning company. I also assume you're not in CA as trying to pass inspection with a decatted car isn't going to work.

Seems like you could find better candidates for around that same $75k pricetag.

Quick Reply: NEW BUYER? SPECS/THOUGHTS/PLANS