Sponsored by:

QSC exhaust tips installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2020 | 01:22 PM
driggity
Advanced

Originally Posted by ShaunPerry
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-racing-d...970800372~rdy/

These the ones you got? They look great, and i'll probably pull the trigger myself, I like that they're 90mm and larger than the OEM 997.1 S tips.

Just weird though bc it says in the description, excludes 4 tip 911S. And i'm assuming your car is an S, per your badging.
I think it's a poorly written reference to the sport exhaust that has four separate pipes running to the bumper.
Old 01-25-2020 | 01:27 AM
blairb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911Consultant
I just bought these for my Carrera base 997.1 lost one of the OEM tips one night driving home. Came with 3 sleeves that seem to be useless. If I push them as far back as possible on the pipe I still dont have enough adjustment to tighten them into place. Any advice since i think you also had the base tip and replaced them with these? Thanks in advance.
Had the exact same issue myself. What I ended up doing (which may be tough since you are missing on of the original exhaust tips) was steal the "sleeves" from the original exhaust tips. I then replaced the innermost of the 3 sleeves the QSC tips originally had with the OEM sleeve. Once I did that it worked great. Did a few hundred miles last weekend after I installed them with no issues. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: QSC exhaust tips installed