Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding Story

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 03:15 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Was on a 4 lane in Rochester NY, Doing about 65, Came to a hill, Started pushing on the gas just a bit... Felt the boost and Just couldn't help myself, and my foot didn't stop moving till the pedal was mashed on the floor. Before the Crest of the hill I let off and let the car coast the rest of the way up the hill.... The only problem was when I crested the hill I was doing 90.... At the that very instant I saw the Trooper... I HAMMERED the brakes so hard and pulled over instantly... The trooper didn't even have to move his car, I ended up stopped right in front of it (he was sitting 90 degrees to the road) … He gets out and says... "Well, I certainly do appreciate you pulling right over, What kind of car is this" ? We proceeded to talk about the car and he finally said, well have a nice day and take it easy... Wheeeew! MY Lucky day!
The following users liked this post:
SSP7 (03-20-2024)
Old 12-27-2018, 04:25 PM
kalanioc
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

A couple of months ago I drove my 911 up from northern Utah to Big Sky, Montana to go see my aunt/uncle and my grandma at their cabin by the ski resort. The stretch from the Utah border to Idaho Falls has mostly a speed limit of 80 mph. I was feeling good and driving along at about 105 mph when I come around a bend and see an Idaho state trooper on the opposite side of the interstate standing outside of his car as he was just finishing up with someone he had pulled over already. He looked at me and gave me a finger wag to indicate "tsk tsk" but then gave me a wave. I brought it down to 85 mph after that
Old 12-27-2018, 04:44 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by GPA951s
Was on a 4 lane in Rochester NY, Doing about 65, Came to a hill, Started pushing on the gas just a bit... Felt the boost and Just couldn't help myself, and my foot didn't stop moving till the pedal was mashed on the floor. Before the Crest of the hill I let off and let the car coast the rest of the way up the hill.... The only problem was when I crested the hill I was doing 90.... At the that very instant I saw the Trooper... I HAMMERED the brakes so hard and pulled over instantly... The trooper didn't even have to move his car, I ended up stopped right in front of it (he was sitting 90 degrees to the road) … He gets out and says... "Well, I certainly do appreciate you pulling right over, What kind of car is this" ? We proceeded to talk about the car and he finally said, well have a nice day and take it easy... Wheeeew! MY Lucky day!
I do the same as you when I know I have been caught and have not had a ticket since 1997. I think notifying the office that I am a concealed weapons holder, whether I am carrying or not, also helps me.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:58 PM
cannonball05
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see a commonality starting here.... pull over immediately before they turn on their lights!
Old 12-27-2018, 05:08 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

10 or so years ago Grandmother was on hospice and Mom flew in from the Big Island. On top of that my car was just broken into that night, so no drivers rear window or stereo in my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. Drove the 2.5 hours with stereo in back playing music. Had to work the next day at 7am. Was speeding coming home, 5 or so over and missed where it went from 60 to 50 or something similar. Officer sitting right there. Though he was going to let me off, broken window, dying grandmother, having to work. Says something sounding like he was, I didn't look at the ticket thinking it was a warning. Nope, written for 7 or so over.....

Then on my way to get an estimate two days later the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED. I argued with the officer saying there was no sign, which I am adamant about to this day. He just wrote a ticket and went on his way.

Good news is they were cheap, $100 per ticket. Did stop by my insurance guy who said they don't recheck history unless changing policies, so it didn't affect my rates, which was good as I was in my early 20's.

Have had the Porsche for 4 years, pulled over once and go let off, rightly so as I was passing some below the speed limit car.

I don't speed excessively, 7 MPH above, thats with Porsche registering 2 MPH lower than actual speed. However I am always tempted to answer the question of "Do you know why I pulled you over?" with "because I let you" in a joking manner. Prob could make same amount of money off of the youtube hits.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:01 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Have had many a stop, but out of professional courtesy (retired Army) only one resulted in a citation.

The one I like the most is when I opened up my 400 hp '93 RX-7 on I280 one very early morning. I was doing 120 when the CHP lit me up. I dutifully pulled over. After the usual formalities, he asked me what the decal was in my rear window. I told him my Master jump wings, that I was retired Army.

He admonished me to take it easy, then told me he had just bought a 2d gen RX-7 the week before. We're then spent half an hour taking rotaries.
Hmmmmm...I thought that you were going to mention the time you and a couple of us other bums were traveling south on US 395 (I forget how fast we were moving but it was >75 MPH) after crossing the Sierra over Sonora Pass, when we were stopped by the CHP who was traveling north. If I recall correctly, he interviewed all of us and decided to let us off! He admonished up to take it easy but CA 120 was our destination and we enjoyed that special road a bit faster than that!

And then there was the time that Wayne & I were leaving for Bend OR one very early AM and I was popped within 7 miles of home rolling in 6th gear @75 MPH while warming the car up: I could've used your jump wings that morning!
Old 12-29-2018, 12:59 AM
Greyghost230
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I would bring the Rennlist servers to a crawl with my speeding stories

Everyone needs 1 vice, right ? That's mine

Petza, I've added a visit to your house on my bucket list...
The cars, the garage, the stories.

Quick Reply: Speeding Story