Sponsored by:

Issues with Fidelity Platinum Warranty Claim

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 04:25 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Issues with Fidelity Platinum Warranty Claim

The PCM on my 09 997.2 37K miles has been acting at random times - going into a reboot cycle over and over while driving, where it turns off and on over and over repeatedly.

In September Porsche of Fremont had the Fidelity adjuster come out and unfortunately they couldn’t replicate the issue, and hence denied the claim.

Over the weekend, the issues occurred long enough during my 1.5 drive that I was able to record the PCM rebooting over and over so I’m taking my car back to Fremont and hopefully Fidelity can review the videos I recorded from my phone to validate the issue.

If this evidence of the problem recorded on video doesn’t validate for Fidelity I don’t know what would be... that being said I’m hopeful it would suffice and they would replace the PCM unit since it’s obviously dying.

now in the event they decline again , is there an escalation / dispute process at Fildelity to get this fixed?

thanks for your feedback ..
Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 AM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sorry I am not responding to your question , but wanted to add that mine does that now and then as well. Weird. Has not done it in a while. I know it has happened to others here. Interested to hear what happens. Thanks for posting this.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:44 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

I'd check the contract as there is probably a dispute process.. given the cost of a replacement pcm I'm not surprised they would need to duplicate it before accepting the claim.

I had my instrument cluster replaced by fidelity for a few dead pixels.. of course that was easy to "reproduce".

good luck, my exp with them have been favorable.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:22 PM
vg247
Pro

Thanks so much, let me review the contract in detail if this next visit with my videos as proof of the issues get declined

Originally Posted by saabin
I'd check the contract as there is probably a dispute process.. given the cost of a replacement pcm I'm not surprised they would need to duplicate it before accepting the claim.

I had my instrument cluster replaced by fidelity for a few dead pixels.. of course that was easy to "reproduce".

good luck, my exp with them have been favorable.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Nobody is going to honor a claim for a problem they can't recreate.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 AM
vg247
Pro

Absolutely and agreed. Let’s see what they say this time with my video recordings of the issues...

Originally Posted by Balr14
Nobody is going to honor a claim for a problem they can't recreate.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:19 AM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Unless your videos can show the circumstances under which the malfunction occurs, I think you will still have to wait for a hard failure.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:28 AM
vg247
Pro

Yes they have been occurring totally at random while I’m driving, sometimes a few reboot cycles other times constant reboot cycles. This time while driving I was able to capture on video the random rebooting continuously for as long as I could record off my phone’s memory card. It happened on going for 1.5 hrs into the drive until I finally stopped the car 1 hours later.

And because I’m bringing it into the dealer tomorrow, of course everything worked perfect today without any issues from the PCM..

Originally Posted by Balr14
Unless your videos can show the circumstances under which the malfunction occurs, I think you will still have to wait for a hard failure.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:29 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

As I just responded to the same question on 6-speed: I've had several Fidelity policies over the years and always found them reasonable to deal with. If they decline again despite your proof, make them put in writing why they refuse the claim and go from there. The Fidelity guys that come to the dealerships or wherever your car is don't necessarily have the last and final word on what they will cover and what will not be covered.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:31 AM
vg247
Pro

Thanks so much, this is very reassuring to know and to keep in mind if they decline again despite my proof.

Your posts, feedback and knowledge have always been very very helpful to me and I am grateful you chimed in here.

Many thanks for posting on both forums, as some members may not access both RL and/or 6speed hence why I posted for feedback on both as well.

Really appreciate it Sandwedge..

Originally Posted by sandwedge
As I just responded to the same question on 6-speed: I've had several Fidelity policies over the years and always found them reasonable to deal with. If they decline again despite your proof, make them put in writing why they refuse the claim and go from there. The Fidelity guys that come to the dealerships or wherever your car is don't necessarily have the last and final word on what they will cover and what will not be covered.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 PM
hankcah
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you notice any patterns with when it reboots? Certain buttons? Do you have your cellphone connected to bluetooth? Certain screen open? Just after a phone call?

It may help to mount your cellphone and have timestamps of a few times of it happening. Just because they don't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening. Email them the videos and then deal with it from there.

Quick Reply: Issues with Fidelity Platinum Warranty Claim