Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple lights after brake job

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018 | 09:06 PM
RAdkins
Advanced

Default Multiple lights after brake job

I am getting the ABS, PSM, and check engine light after I replaced the front brake pads and rotors. This is the first time I have done this. I did also tie back my brake sensors as I do track the car. Any help would be appreciated.

Do the brake sensors need to be plugged in a specific way or can the be plugged in either way?

thanks,
ryan
Old 10-13-2018 | 09:29 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Sounds like you nicked up a wheel speed sensor. I tied up my pad sensors with no issues.
Old 10-13-2018 | 09:39 PM
RAdkins
Advanced

Thank you for the feedback.

I think I just need to check that the sensors are fully seated. I don’t think I cut the speed sensor wire as I didn’t cut the brake sensors when they were on the car. I removed them then clipped the end off and spliced the ends. I then zip tied them to the brake sensor harness cable.

Old 10-14-2018 | 09:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

There are 2 different sensors being talked about here. The pad sensors with the plastic ends that slide into the pads and those can be bypassed easily. There are also wheel speed sensors that the ABS and PSM systems use and they can't be bypassed. Sounds like you did something to one of the wheel speed sensors, which will need to be corrected. Not sure why you'd be getting a CEL though if you only worked on the brakes.
Old 10-16-2018 | 08:58 PM
RAdkins
Advanced

Just got the car back from the shop. The final verdict for the CEL, and other lights was that I swapped one of the brake sensors with the speed sensor.

Quick Reply: Multiple lights after brake job