Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Seat Airbag Warning - How do I reset it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:22 PM
bje22201
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Passenger Seat Airbag Warning - How do I reset it?

Okay, I'm sure it's somewhere, but I can't find it. I recently purchased a 2012 997.2 4S. . .and while driving one day, I used my long monkey arms to adjust the passenger seat. Evidently the car does not care for passenger seat adjustment when nobody is actually sitting in it. I got a warning that said to check the passenger seat settings, and then a red exclamation point. "!".

It went away, but just keeps coming back again. . . and again. Just wondering what I need to reset it/clear the memory because there isn't actually an issue. . . I just adjusted the seat the one time.

Do I need a Durametric cable/software to do it (will that do it). . . and will that allow me if when I should ever change the oil myself or whatever reset the service indicator as well? Is there something cheaper/better. . . or is that good?

Thanks! Otherwise I may just deal with it until my next oil-change/service because I know there isn't actually an issue (other than myself).

Old 10-03-2018, 07:08 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 315 Posts

Old 10-03-2018, 07:26 AM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Check underneath your seat. Ironically I got the same warning this past weekend and found that it was being triggered by a bottle underneath the seat. Keep us posted.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:55 AM
bje22201
Intermediate

Thanks! It's definitely weird that it goes away, and then randomly returns (the original trigger was definitely because I moved the seat when driving). . . so I'll definitely check under the seat for a bottle (which is totally possible). Because I've driven it with no warning at all. . . and other times it comes back a few times during a short drive.

If not, then I guess I'll try the Foxwell.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Sounds like you have a loose connection. Pretty sure the car doesn't care if the seat is moved with no one in it. Raise the seat all the way up with the switches, then disconnect the battery (DON'T LATCH THE FRUNK), unseat and reseat the yellow connector which is the one that's for the SRS/airbag system. While its disconnected inspect the male pins for straightness, then reconnect the battery.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:59 PM
bje22201
Intermediate

It was probably the bottle of Interior Detailing spray that was wedged under the seat that I just found. . . and a pen, and a CD for some band I never heard of (used car, the spray was mine). The light isn't currently on, so hoping that was it.

Moving the seat and getting a warning seemed a bit much to me. . . but that's when it happened, and I assume that's when the spray bottle got wedged in there and pushed up on something.

Thanks for the suggestions, and hoping it doesn't pop on again.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Bingo!

Quick Reply: Passenger Seat Airbag Warning - How do I reset it?