Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 S 4 to 6 piston brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 10:12 AM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 83 Posts

I purchased a set of 997.1 Turbo calipers and have been researching this upgrade for my GTS. I’m deciding whether to upgrade both the front and rear or just the fronts. I am currently using stock calipers with 350mm Turbo rotors.

Some people say using the rear Turbo calipers causes softness or bias issues but others like Grdi says they fit perfectly with no bias or pedal softness issues. The calipers I sourced are the same part numbers as GT2/3/RS so wouldn’t I end up with the same system since my car also uses the same master cylinder? Im glad to read the Grdi has been successful upgrading all 4.Grdi, Did you do anything different than others?

Originally Posted by Grdi
Today I did bed in of Padig RS29 and new 350mm rotors. So I’m running completely 997.1 turbo set, front and rear. MC is 997.2 C2S OEM.
After bed in I did more than 200km of serious fast driving, for now everything is perfect. Will see behavior at the track...

Old 10-31-2023, 02:54 PM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatsix
I purchased a set of 997.1 Turbo calipers and have been researching this upgrade for my GTS. I’m deciding whether to upgrade both the front and rear or just the fronts. I am currently using stock calipers with 350mm Turbo rotors.

Some people say using the rear Turbo calipers causes softness or bias issues but others like Grdi says they fit perfectly with no bias or pedal softness issues. The calipers I sourced are the same part numbers as GT2/3/RS so wouldn’t I end up with the same system since my car also uses the same master cylinder? Im glad to read the Grdi has been successful upgrading all 4.Grdi, Did you do anything different than others?
I'm on the same boat with my C2S, looking to move up to the 6-pot turbo calipers. From everything I've researched the brake bias issues does not have to do with the calipers, it's due to running larger discs up front vs rear. As long as the same size discs (350mm) are used all around then there's no issue with bias, but there could be examples I haven't seen.
Question, what are you using as caliper spacers to fit the 350mm discs?
Old 10-31-2023, 04:53 PM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rhern213
I'm on the same boat with my C2S, looking to move up to the 6-pot turbo calipers. From everything I've researched the brake bias issues does not have to do with the calipers, it's due to running larger discs up front vs rear. As long as the same size discs (350mm) are used all around then there's no issue with bias, but there could be examples I haven't seen.
Question, what are you using as caliper spacers to fit the 350mm discs?
I am going to try out the full Turbo set. I think you are right about the bias being a non issue. If the pedal doesn’t soften up too much then I am good.

I just ordered Endless pads for the front and rear Turbo calipers. I am running the same Endless pad compound now on the stock calipers so it’ll be interesting to compare the two caliper sets on 350mm rotors back to back.

I bought a 12mm spacer kit from Girodisk. The fitment is good as the pads are positioned on the outermost edge of the rotors.
Old 10-31-2023, 05:15 PM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

In case anyone is curious about the weight, here they are after cleaning. It is uncanny that these weigh exactly 8 and 6 lbs on my scale. I wonder how much lighter the stock set is.

The following users liked this post:
Ohio Performance (10-31-2023)

Quick Reply: 997.2 S 4 to 6 piston brake upgrade