Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher Sport Muffler (Sound Version)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 03:22 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tsteph12
After considering options and reviewing online reviews, went with the FVD Street-Sport PDK system. Was installed late yesterday. I am extremely pleased with result so far. IMO, this system strikes a nice balance between low profile and something wicked this way comes. Below 3k RPM, it's quite demure and does not call any unwanted attention. Rev it higher, and this thing just trumpets, like the Zimmer horn warning the coming of God. It's that good!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it !

In my opinion, that is the perfect RSR sounding exhaust for the street, but then again, we work with the manufacturer that makes the current Cup R and RSR exhaust so...

Enjoy it and glad you made that choice!

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

The following users liked this post:
fluxdon (03-27-2024)
Old 12-24-2021, 04:38 PM
ohmyggg
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by EMC2
The 2nd one you list is what I have.

A while back I recorded a couple of audio clips attached at the bottom of this thread this is from inside the cabin (best to listen with headphones or good speakers). I was manipulating the throttle to highlight the different sounds. The system is incredible. Very pure and aggressive.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/92...cher`.html

Old post I’m resurrecting but holy cow, that is a beautiful Porsche sound. Retains a lot of the original rasp, whine, and howl with just a touch more exotic tone and some more volume.

I think your two audio clips are my favorite 997 exhaust clips so far. Pretty sure I now know what I’m saving up for.
The following users liked this post:
fluxdon (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 01:16 PM
fluxdon
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Reliving a very useful tread!

I have previously had very good experience with Brombacher exhaust and had this for my 964, and lately for my 991.1 GT3 where I had the center muffler bypass, amazing sound.
Center Muffler Bypass 991.1 / 991.2 GT3 / RS - Brombacher Edition - Reuses OEM Tips (fvd.net)

Now, I have just bought a 2009 997.2 Carrera S with PDK.
It has no PSE, and I wish for a lot more sound coming out.

I am very much in doubt about what I should buy.

Have been looking at this:FVD Tuning Kit 997.2 C2S / C4S - 3.8 L - Level 2 - 410 HP / 330 TQ - Race - PDK Muffler
Since it should be suitable for PDK, but unsure if I should have the long headers.
Long Tube Sport Header and Cat Set 997.2 - Brombacher Edition - With 200 Cell HD Sport Catalytics (fvd.net)

I do not need a valved exhaust, and do not mind that it is loud, but I do not tolerate any drone, and it has to be true Porsche flat six sound.
Will not be tracking my car, and will be a daily driver for 6-8 month per year.

Think I have read all about Brombacher as humanly possible, not it is a matter of making the choice - just hope that Rhonda is still around
Old 03-27-2024, 02:35 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,856 Likes on 2,876 Posts

FVD Brombacher great sound. Had that setup on my 996 C4S. A sweet sound but a different note than PSE.
Fister Exhaust which I have on my current 06 C4 sounds amazing and extremely close to PSE exhaust sound.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher Sport Muffler (Sound Version)