Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went down the audio rabbithole. Please send rescue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Not all after market units function better..... I had, temporarily, a Pioneer unit in the car and it played USB sticks in the order the songs were written to it... no alternative... unbelievably useless. So be careful. After this surprising experience, the PCM 3 is actually a darn good player for USB sticks, albeit slow.
thanks
Im skeptical, definitely. I normally wouldn't order through crutchfield but they have 60 day return policy so once I get back home I'll have the head unit installed right away and see that its going to work out well for me or send it back and try again. I'll end up primarily using A2DP bluetooth audio from my phone as a source. I just use the USB stick because it's easy, but when I have A2DP, no more USB. got my fingers crossed it's going to work well!
Old 08-02-2018, 02:28 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have an 6th Gen Classic iPod with 160GB of Apple Lossless files on it - maybe 4000 files or so. No issues. I also have tried the latest iPod that looks and acts like as stripped down phone and it barely works at all no matter how few files, so there's that. I have a spare Classic 160GB too. When those die, I probably trade the car.

Quick Reply: Went down the audio rabbithole. Please send rescue.