Sponsored by:

Next mod advise

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 10:38 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Next mod advise

I know I know, no one likes answering these topics. Please advise, I’m ready for my next mod on my 05 C2S. I have a good start. Full exhaust, ssk, Plenium and Throttle body, Software, rims, spacers and springs. I just got the DSC Controller. I’m thinking of Sway bars. Will this compliment the dsc controller? If I do get sway bars should I switch anything out with them. I’m at just under 50k miles and don’t take it on the track. Or would I be better to refocus and start saving for coil overs? I’ve always wanted to get a Getty Design duck tail however I do think Carreras look better without a wing. My V1 needs to be updated. Maybe I could do this. Once again sorry for this type of post just looking for some guidance.

Thanks,
b
Old 07-28-2018, 09:48 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Dump the Valentine and get the Uniden R3. The hype is real and it has changed the way I use a radar detector.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:11 AM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

$287 to update my V1. I’ll look into your recommendation.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:46 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

If you don’t track, sway bars aren’t going to make much of a difference to your street driving. Have you aligned the car more aggressively? 0 toe up front? That is game changing for these cars.

What tires are you on? Maybe a switch to Cup 2s or equally aggressive tire?

If you’re looking for mods that affect driving dynamics then think about things that will make it more enjoyable on the street and good bang for your buck mods.

Otherwise creature comforts and cosmetic mods would be next to look at. Or save your money for a vehicle upgrade.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:55 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Bridgestone Potenza S-04.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:52 AM
bloomjbmw
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor
Dump the Valentine and get the Uniden R3. The hype is real and it has changed the way I use a radar detector.
I’m very curious...what’s the hype?
Old 07-31-2018, 09:41 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 509 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by BaileyII
Bridgestone Potenza S-04.
Get some RE-71R.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:56 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by BaileyII
I know I know, no one likes answering these topics. Please advise, I’m ready for my next mod on my 05 C2S. I have a good start. Full exhaust, ssk, Plenium and Throttle body, Software, rims, spacers and springs. I just got the DSC Controller. I’m thinking of Sway bars. Will this compliment the dsc controller? If I do get sway bars should I switch anything out with them. I’m at just under 50k miles and don’t take it on the track. Or would I be better to refocus and start saving for coil overs? I’ve always wanted to get a Getty Design duck tail however I do think Carreras look better without a wing. My V1 needs to be updated. Maybe I could do this. Once again sorry for this type of post just looking for some guidance.

Thanks,
b
If you're not tracking the car, tinkering around with the suspension seems like a waste except for lowering along with spacers for looks. I would focus on things you can see and feel that makes things better. Maybe upgrade the seats if you're not happy with what you have. For me, getting a custom built steering wheel is one of my favorite mods and rather inexpensive too. Thicker, better quality leather than the skinny and slippery, stock leather. Endless options obviously in terms of material and configurations but whatever you choose, it'll be in your hands and in your face every time and all the time you're in the car. There was a recent thread on this very same subject but here are the links again along with pictures of two wheels I had built:.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw1.htm

http://www.dctms.com/product_ST_PCH_997_987.html

Old 08-01-2018, 06:54 AM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

A steering wheel w/ a red stripe is a great option for me to consider. I would love to upgrade mine.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Cramp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+100 on steering wheel - my most favorite upgrade to date.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:47 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge

Sandwedge,
I really like this one.. Is this one from DCTMS? How much?
Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 AM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're not tracking the car, tinkering around with the suspension seems like a waste except for lowering along with spacers for looks. I would focus on things you can see and feel that makes things better. Maybe upgrade the seats if you're not happy with what you have. For me, getting a custom built steering wheel is one of my favorite mods and rather inexpensive too. Thicker, better quality leather than the skinny and slippery, stock leather. Endless options obviously in terms of material and configurations but whatever you choose, it'll be in your hands and in your face every time and all the time you're in the car. There was a recent thread on this very same subject but here are the links again along with pictures of two wheels I had built:.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw1.htm

http://www.dctms.com/product_ST_PCH_997_987.html
Agreed 100%

Out of curiousity, was that near $600-700? Thats what they quoted me to redo my sport steering wheel in alcantara. That was the only reason I didn't go that route, used GT3 wheels are around that same ballpark.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:43 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by saabin
Sandwedge,
I really like this one.. Is this one from DCTMS? How much?
Yes, Dallas built that one. Was a core exchange so final cost after I sent the stock wheel back was only $450 as I recall it. Was almost 3 years ago though so his prices may have gone up.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:50 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT3_ISH
Agreed 100%

Out of curiousity, was that near $600-700? Thats what they quoted me to redo my sport steering wheel in alcantara. That was the only reason I didn't go that route, used GT3 wheels are around that same ballpark.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post15184758
Old 08-03-2018, 11:33 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 358 Posts

Yes, Dallas built that one. Was a core exchange so final cost after I sent the stock wheel back was only $450 as I recall it. Was almost 3 years ago though so his prices may have gone up.
awesome, thanks! Just to be clear, the wheel i am talking about is the one with the red stripe in the GTS.. that one was done by dallas custom wheels?

Quick Reply: Next mod advise