Sponsored by:

Coilovers for PASM

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 07:51 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts
Default Coilovers for PASM

I have a 2009 997.2 CS2 with PASM and is thinking of putting in coilovers. Appreciate any suggestions as to the correct coilovers that will work with PASM.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

I think Bilstein B8 or B16 (B8s but adjustable) Damptronics are the only realistic options. There are also some Tractive units that are around $7k a set.

If you're not doing it for the lowering, the TPC Racing DSC module performs miracles with the stock suspension according to almost everyone.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:30 AM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

For PASM, you have 3 choices in cost order: used GT3 PASM, B16s, or Tractive.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:16 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Like others have suggested:

1. Bilstein B16 coilover kit- good value for the price range when they are available, been unavailable since last Fall. The B16 spring are on the soft side but the springs can be swapped if stiffer springs are desired. In order to be at this price range B16 are intended for users to transfer their existing front and rear rubber top mounts. By now most of rubber top mounts on 997's have aged so I'd recommend fresh rubber mounts or upgrade to GT3 type monoball to mounts to improve performance. Reaction time to command ~100 milliseconds.

2. Buy new or used GT3 coilovers, here you have the option for the following variations 997.1 GT3, 997.2 GT3, RS, 4.0, GT2, GT2RS. The variations allow the user to mimic the damping feel of a certain GT model. These parts are modular, I make the adapter parts to allow for bolt-on fit on any 997(non-GT). GT coilovers can be installed with monoball top mounts or I have adapters to fit original rubber mounts. And spring rates can be custom selected from GT model or aftermarket. Reaction time to command ~100 milliseconds.

3 .Tractive coilover kit, top-of-the-line, motorsport quality, ultra advanced double spool valve design, wide enough damping range to be more comfortable than stock at the low end of the range while race car level at high end of the range, included front & rear monoball top mounts and spring rate of your choice. Reaction time to command ~6 milliseconds, responds to full command during mid-stroke.

With any one of the options above having DSC Sport controller allows the user to get the most comfort, performance, and versatility out of.
The following users liked this post:
kayha12 (01-01-2022)
Old 07-13-2018, 11:37 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Lots of info provided here. More reading and research ahead. Appreciate it.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:23 PM
chuuey
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

As an FYI I was also looking for a PASM compatible coilover and was leaning towards Bilstein. They are and have been back ordered for some time. Rumor has it production starts again as soon as mid August, but I feel at that time they will have a lot of backed up orders they need to fulfill. My shocks are a little tired so I found a more immediate solution. I ended up with Ohlins R&T and will be deleting PASM solely because of the great reviews read here and what seems to be easy adjustability.

Best of luck in your search!

Quick Reply: Coilovers for PASM